Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I thought it was surprisingly okay, if you ignore the total disregard for tone and content of actual Judge Dredd.

Oh, and "Starring by" indeed.

Beeks

Well I liked it..so there

It was a tongue in cheek bit of fun

Who cares if it isn't a true representation..even if you didn't like it..it certainly wasn't ameteurish

Nor will it hurt the brand IMO

It didn't make me laugh but it definitely made me smile

It's not Dredd in the way we commonly know him

But neither was the latest film adaptation..God..the criticism of that lawmaster

At the end of the day it was a freebie that folks spent a lot of time working on without reward

I for one am grateful..so if you're reading this..thanks guys
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Judge Nutmeg

It was ok, Doubt I'd ever feel  the urge to watch it again. Although it did make me wish there was more animated Dredd out there more faithful to the comics.

CrazyFoxMachine

Now I know how LOTR fans in 1980 felt about musical orks.

Tone-deaf and ludicrously rushed - not terrible but not right at all. If this is a thank you to the fans I'd hate to see the opposite :S

Albion

I enjoyed it. I liked the animation and most of the voice acting and it was fun to watch. There was stuff that could've been done better but overall it was good.
It's not the Dredd we know and love and it's not all true to the comics but hey neither were the movies.
I view it as totally separate from 2000AD and it doesn't spoil what I have been enjoying since the '70s.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Beeks

Oh and Death reminds me of Edna from Willo The Wisp ;-)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Beeks on 27 October, 2014, 10:17:24 PM
Oh and Death reminds me of Edna from Willo The Wisp ;-)

:lol:

I was trying to place it... that's it!
@jamesfeistdraws

Mark Taylor

This kinda reminded me of Heavy Metal Dredd in terms of the sheer anarchic nonsense going on in it. Obviously it's not 'Judge Dredd as we know it', but neither is HMD. It's just another reinvention of the Character, something which happens to mainstream American comic book characters every 3 minutes. Rebellion has been pushing so hard for acceptance of Judge Dredd by American audiences it's kinda inevitable that this sort of thing should start happening more and more. We have 2000AD Dredd, Stallone Dredd, Lawman of the Future Dredd, Heavy Metal Dredd, and now Urban Dredd, IDW Dredd, and Shankar 'Bootleg Universe' Dredd... Inevitably, every new iteration will be liked by some and piss others off, in varying measure.

DrRocka

I was kinda enjoying it until it got to the Vienna bit, when it crossed whatever imaginary line is in my head and had me shaking my head far too much. In the thirty or so years I've read 2000ad, this isn't what I'd ever imagine a Dredd cartoon to be. Still, one man's meat, etc etc...
Never ever bloody anything ever

Dominic O'Rourke

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 27 October, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
This kinda reminded me of Heavy Metal Dredd

Exactly! Another take on the universe. I mean if it's not Wagner it's not canon AMIRIGHT?
Member No. 10

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 27 October, 2014, 10:10:15 PM
Now I know how LOTR fans in 1980 felt about musical orks.

HEY! I liked "When There's a Whip There's a Way"!

dweezil2

Relentlessly bonkers, I really didn't mind it all!
Dredd, but not quite as we know it Jim!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

dweezil2

Quote from: dweezil2 on 27 October, 2014, 11:32:25 PM
Relentlessly bonkers, I really didn't mind it all!
Dredd, but not quite as we know it Jim!   :)

Relentlessly bonkers, I really didn't mind it at all!
Dredd, but not quite as we know it Jim!   
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Kudos

Hmmm, I don't know. I really don't know. It was an interesting experiment I suppose. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. When I saw the trailer I was really put off by the art but it wasn't as bad as I feared when it got going. Sure, it's not the Dredd I know and love and my Dredd canon alarm went off quite a lot, but like I said "An interesting experiment" and as others have said in this thread there's plenty of room for other Dredd interpretations.