Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GordonR on 29 October, 2014, 04:59:05 PMOn an entirely unrelated note, Adi Shankar doesn't strike me as a young man short of a bob or two.

Eyeliner isn't free, you know...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

I don't know if it's a hard and fast rule as that - just to go in with both eyes open and know what you're getting yourself into.

I think a lot of it depends on how collaborative it is, and the balance of how much work is being done by the various parties, and how wealthy they are.

We certainly had people giving their time for free on Minty, but hopefully no-one begrudged us that, and we're not exactly driving around in solid-gold Rollers.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 October, 2014, 05:19:15 PM

And when an ageing goth says that, you better believe it.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 October, 2014, 05:19:15 PM
Quote from: GordonR on 29 October, 2014, 04:59:05 PMOn an entirely unrelated note, Adi Shankar doesn't strike me as a young man short of a bob or two.

Cheers

Jim
Speeking from experience Jim?

The Sherman Kid

Blackmocco and Steve Green both nail it for me. :thumbsup:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 October, 2014, 05:25:24 PM

I have to say, I was never an eyeliner goth... never even painted my nails black!

Cheers

Jim

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 October, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

I have to say, I was never an eyeliner goth... never even painted my nails black!

Cheers

Jim

Once got my foot run over by a car. Result: one foot with all black toenails (and a slight limp). On the plus side, it's cheaper than nail varnish. On the downside, it's much, much more painful.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 October, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

Cheers

Jim
Oh. I see. You where a pastel goth then?

:P

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 October, 2014, 05:57:39 PMOh. I see. You where a pastel goth then?

Don't mock. You might well bring down the wrath of the Pastel Goths.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 October, 2014, 05:57:39 PM
Oh. I see. You where a pastel goth then?

Odd as it may seem from the outside of any subculture, from the inside the subdivisions are very obvious... in exactly the same way that an Alien Sex Fiend punk could tell the difference from a Skate Punk, who could tell the difference from a Straight Edge (where most non-punks would just see "punks"*), goths could tell the difference between Alien Sex Fiend goths, Sisters goths, Mission goths, and Nephilim goths... of which I was generally the latter, albeit minus the light dusting Home Pride self-raising, which always seemed to be asking for trouble in a climate as prone to rain as the UK...

Cheers

Jim

*Or, possibly, creeps.

Hawkmumbler

I was pulling your leg Jim, but to my surprise that turned out to be a good thing. If anything positive came of this whole naff project I at least learned that the punk movement was much more broad a spectrum than I assumed it was.

Teivion

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 October, 2014, 05:23:57 PM
I don't know if it's a hard and fast rule as that - just to go in with both eyes open and know what you're getting yourself into.

I think a lot of it depends on how collaborative it is, and the balance of how much work is being done by the various parties, and how wealthy they are.

We certainly had people giving their time for free on Minty, but hopefully no-one begrudged us that, and we're not exactly driving around in solid-gold Rollers.

On my first job as a sole trader I worked on a shoot alongside an established SFX company.
Words of wisdom I was given by the company owner hold true- Never undercharge because as soon as you put your prices back up they'll go elsewhere, and if they dont talk money, they haven't got it.

I dont think anyone worked on Minty for exposure- more for the genuine pleasure of being a part of something they had a desire to see completed.
It wasn't created by personal desires for self promotion or gaining soundbites either....

It does seem like the wrong person is taking the credit for a huge amount of work, of which it would appear they had little hand in, and for reasons that dont really add up.

Albion

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 28 October, 2014, 10:07:17 PM
......why can't those who enjoyed it accept that others disliked it?

Some of us do. 
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Steve Green

I can only speak for myself, and that it was to do something with live-action, rather than all being CG and actually being part of something bigger rather than a self-contained showreel piece.

And curiosity to see what could be done with consumer cameras, and little in the way of budget.

Also at the time, the 2012 Dredd wasn't even public knowledge, so it was a chance to do something Dreddish other than just the Stallone film.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!