Main Menu

Jeff Hawke, a truly great strip

Started by paulvonscott, 16 January, 2005, 06:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I'd be interested to know if Dirty Frank enjoyed Hawke, or if I just conned him into spending money that could have gone to scientific research into moles.

Just to say Book 1 is currently on e-bay reasonably cheap

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79&item=6505947328&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW" target="_blank">Book One on E-bay

Byron Virgo

I'll bid on that!

Cheers Paul, nice one!

The Amstor Computer

Heh, don't worry, the money was well spent :-)

I LOVE this strip - I'll second everything Paul's said above. It's just a brilliant read, and stands the test of time incredibly well. I can certainly recommend it to anyone who's enjoyed Alan Moore's Future Shocks - it's got the same mix of smarts and playfulness that made his short stories so much fun.

Fantastic stuff :-)

Grant Goggans

I found Titan Book 2 at a remainders store years ago and enjoyed it enormously!  "The Immortal Toys" was fantastic, I had no idea where that one was going to go.

--Grant

paulvonscott

Not sure if this is helping to be honest, the last copy was at over ten quid when I looked.  Which to me is way too much.  Not worth being in a bidding war for.

Anyway, book 2 is up for a small amount, for the moment.  I'll happily stop doing this if I'm just encouraging bidding wars or spoiling peoples auctions for em!

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79&item=6508811942&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW" target="_blank">Titan Book 2

Byron Virgo

I won the last one (cheers for the link byt he way, Paul!), which came in at around a tenner. Still haven't recieved it though: very frustrating! I might have to get in contact with the seller if I don't get it, or some message at least, by the end of the week.

paulvonscott

I think its the same seller as the book two currently up, Byron.

Anyway, glad everyones enjoying it, I'll be posting my copies to DXB today or tomorrow (probably tomorrow) so if anyone wants to pay Dave for the postage and so on, they can read em, till they come back to me.

Chrz

Byron Virgo

Having made all that fuss, I actually found that it had arrived in the morning post when I got home for lunch.

Lovely stuff too: excellent Bolland cover, and beautiful art on the inside - all that cross-hatching! Stories are really nice as well - often surprisingly well written!