Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Mastodon just announced a load of dates in the UK and the last one (December 2nd) is in BRISTOL :D

\m/

http://www.mastodonrocks.com/tour

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 01 July, 2014, 08:21:58 PM
Jealous of your Soundgarden opportunity, isn't that the same bill as Faith No More? Amazing.

No, they were just doing the one date in Verona with Wolfmother. They were brilliant but I was disappointed to find out today the drummer wasn't actually Matt Cameron but a stand-in (I couldn't see him from where I was standing). It's my problem I guess because the drumming that night was excellent but it doesn't feel like I've seen the full group because Matt's sound is so integral to the songwriting.

Another reason to dislike Pearl Jam, since he was doing promo activities for them.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 10 July, 2014, 02:29:10 PM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 01 July, 2014, 08:21:58 PM
Jealous of your Soundgarden opportunity, isn't that the same bill as Faith No More? Amazing.

No, they were just doing the one date in Verona with Wolfmother. They were brilliant but I was disappointed to find out today the drummer wasn't actually Matt Cameron but a stand-in (I couldn't see him from where I was standing). It's my problem I guess because the drumming that night was excellent but it doesn't feel like I've seen the full group because Matt's sound is so integral to the songwriting.

Another reason to dislike Pearl Jam, since he was doing promo activities for them.

Ah yeah, I wondered how they would deal with Pearl Jam/Soundgarden clashes now both bands are touring. Weirdly I think the guy playing for Soundgarden now is actually the old Pearl Jam drummer. That Seattle scene is so musically incestuous!

Leigh S

NEIL YOUNG in Liverpool on Sunday... (sorry went a bit Suzanne Vega there...)

NEIL YOUNG!  and CRAZY HORSE!  It's all one song!

Spikes

Popping to see Joel Gion do a solo gig (His backing band will feature other members from the BJM) at the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds in just under a fortnight.  :thumbsup:

Skullmo

Steven Segal is playing in Clapham (July) if anyone wants to go

Any Steven Segal fans?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Leigh S on 11 July, 2014, 06:48:05 PM
NEIL YOUNG in Liverpool on Sunday... (sorry went a bit Suzanne Vega there...)

NEIL YOUNG!  and CRAZY HORSE!  It's all one song!

You lucky bastard!

QuoteBrudenell Social Club in Leeds

A wonderful venue

Noisybast

Last Saturday, I saw The Dowling Poole play an intimate gig to about thirty people in the room above the Fox and Newt in Leeds. Spent an hour or so afterwards chatting to a variety of (to me, at least) bona fide rock stars in the most relaxed and friendly atmosphere you could imagine.

Then on Tuesday, I drove back up to Leeds and watched Pearl Jam play a three and a half hour slot in front of a packed-out Leeds Arena. Absolutely brilliant - although Eddie did get a bit pissed and fall on his arse... :)

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Devons Daddy

ROBBIE WILLIAMS
20 september after qualifying for the F1 Singapore night race,

my current soon to be former company are the hosts for the F&B,
i have a VIP pass should be a rather pleasant night at work  :D
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 05 August, 2014, 11:38:19 AM
should be a rather pleasant night at work  :D

... apart from Robbie Williams  ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 June, 2014, 10:25:05 AM
was at these chaps rather excellent gig on Tuesday:

http://www.vintagetrouble.com/

highly recommended.

Hoping to slide off and see Geno Washington in the Speigeltent over the summer, those of us who were at HiEx 2010 might remember our night with him  :D

Damn - couldn't get tickets for that! I love VT! (Also - don't look at this thread very often!)

NapalmKev

HAWKWIND are appearing at 'Exeter Corn Exchange' on the 26/09/14.

http://apps.exeter.gov.uk/dnRSS/ShowMediaReleases.aspx?ID=1679

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

DoomBot

Quote from: NapalmKev on 07 September, 2014, 01:30:39 PM
HAWKWIND are appearing at 'Exeter Corn Exchange' on the 26/09/14.

http://apps.exeter.gov.uk/dnRSS/ShowMediaReleases.aspx?ID=1679

Cheers

Just got my ticket to see them at the Hawktoberfest in manchester   :)

Albion

Just got my ticket for Hawkwind in Hove on the 29th. I've seen them many times and they never disappoint.

The Hawktober fest gig looks great.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

I, Cosh

I have to catch an early flight next Thursday, but Bardo Pond are playing a mere 100 miles away on the Wednesday night. There's a fair chance I'd miss either the last train home or half their set but it's the closest they've ever been since I've been aware of them. Hmm.

So, out of interest, how were these gigs which were upcoming?
Quote from: The Cosh on 29 May, 2014, 04:38:01 PM
In upcoming gig news, it's taken him very nearly a year but Billy Bragg is finally coming to just over the border in Germany in July.

Hopefully some raucous fun at Cloud Nothings next Friday, Richie Hawtin in three weeks and possibly Dillinger Escape Plan too.
Billy Bragg was as great live as ever. He managed to speak slowly enough to get his political points across but lost most of the crowd during a hilarious diversion about Kraftwerk being the spiritual heirs of Woody Guthrie.

Cloud Nothings were great too. Proper, heads down thrashing away with no time for chat between songs in an authentic, sweaty cellar bar while it was already 30 degrees outside.

Didn't make the others.
We never really die.