Main Menu

2000AD REGENED (preview)

Started by JOE SOAP, 23 January, 2018, 01:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Silly question, how do you get 2000AD Regened ? Do you have to be at a book store ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Steve Green

Hi,

You can get them at a participating comic book store.

The aim of Free Comic Book Day is to get people into the comic book stores, which is why they're not available digitally or through online stores.

They sometimes show up on eBay afterwards though.

Link Prime

Cheers Steve, but I believe the question was "How do you get 2000AD Regened?"

I've formulated a three part plan;

1) Print and laminate three of your favorite 2000AD covers in extras small size (60mm x 25mm).
2) Cut your hair* mohawk style and apply blue face paint.
3) Bust into the Rebellion offices and yell "Here are my boys....make them into men!"

*Only optional for 15% of the forum

broodblik

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 March, 2018, 03:19:06 PM
Hi,

You can get them at a participating comic book store.

The aim of Free Comic Book Day is to get people into the comic book stores, which is why they're not available digitally or through online stores.

They sometimes show up on eBay afterwards though.

Thank You but where I stay we do not really have any comic book stores and most people have never heard of FCBD.

Unfortunately it is not available digitally because that is the way I get my comics or order from places like Amazon
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 13 March, 2018, 03:31:35 PM
Unfortunately it is not available digitally because that is the way I get my comics or order from places like Amazon

Ebay will be your best bet.
I'd recommend waiting until a few weeks after FCBD before seeking it out, give the prices a chance to settle.

Other than that you will always find a few kind souls on this forum with a spare copy.

The Monarch

i don't think moores gonna give a crap about dr and quinch since he hated it. Not that i would care otherwise but thats not for this thread

whens fcbd again

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Monarch on 13 March, 2018, 11:36:49 PM
i don't think moores gonna give a crap about dr and quinch since he hated it.

"Hate" is too strong a word; he has said he enjoyed writing but recognised it was "socially irresponsible".

GordonR

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 14 March, 2018, 12:56:00 AM
Quote from: The Monarch on 13 March, 2018, 11:36:49 PM
i don't think moores gonna give a crap about dr and quinch since he hated it.

"Hate" is too strong a word; he has said he enjoyed writing but recognised it was "socially irresponsible".

...and that it was a shameless lift from the National Lampoon characters OC & Stiggs.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sure, but I still loved DR & Quinch. Especially the sci-fi special one in the jungle.
Lock up your spoons!

Tjm86

The Sci Fi special was the pseudo-Scout camp story ("sorry, I skipped two pages")  The jungle story was D.R. and Quinch get drafted ("Don't know, they must be claustrophobic.")

Plus .. Alan Davies Art.  Always a pleasure.

Bolt-01

Bit of a Necro-post but I'm hoping some kind squaxx will be able to help me out.

I normally manage to get myself over to the local comic shop (Nostalgia & Comics of Brum) every couple of months for a mooch, but I can't get there this weekend.

If anyone out there is able to bag a copy of Regened and wants to pass it on to a reasonable home- I'd be very grateful and more than happy to pay postage or if you are coming to LawgIVer or Oldham I'll have it off you there.

Ta.

Bolt-01

And thanks to a droid who I'll not name- I'm sorted.

I love this place.

maryanddavid

I'll put my hand up for a spare as well, please :D

IndigoPrime

Likewise, if anyone gets a spare, I'd love one and will happy pay postage, etc. Only one comic shop locally and they don't do FCBD. Hopefully if nothing else eBay will do the job. (A Place in Space last year sold a ton of FCBD stuff on the Sunday.)

Tjm86

I'm always grateful to A Place In Space for my reading copy each year, along with Eamonn's signed charity copy.  Scalpers are really getting in on the act though now.