Main Menu

What would be your dream Prog?

Started by Tarantino, 28 July, 2017, 02:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Trying to think of a way to make this not just my five favourite thrills... but its kinda hard... as ever with this sort of thing I reserve the right to flip flop and change my mind at the drop of a hat, BUT as of this moment I go... oh and I'm cheating too...

Nikolai Dante - Morrison and Fraser
Brink - Dabnett and INJ
Flesh - Circa Book 1 creator not really fussed
Nemesis - Pat Mills and O'Neill and or Talbot, not really fussed which
A John Smith story - lets say art by Edmund Bagwell

So yeah no Flint, no Yeowell, no Sinister Dexter, nor Red Seas, no Zenith nor MacNeil, no Ezquerra nor Gibson, Sorry Alan's M and G, I've wronged you Mr Williams R, D'Isreali and Alpha.

Clearly the lack of a Wagner + Grant + Cam Kennedy (or Colin Wilson, or Brian B, or...) Dredd is super weird, but I fancied the extra slot and every fucker will have Dredd in their list, so yeah I cheated.

Its not what you have in your list that reveals how good the Galaxy's Greatest is, its what you miss out!

The Corinthian

Based on what could happen now (so no hypothetical new Nemesis, Dante etc series) and is plausible (no Halo Jones Book Four), my ideal prog would be:

'Judge Dredd'
'Brass Sun'
'Jaegir'
'Indigo Prime'
either a Wagner/Ezquerra 'Strontium Dog' or a top rank 'Sinister Dexter' or something completely new and surprising

robert_ellis

Dredd by Dave Taylor & Edgington - Judge Lamia Necro-Division!
Return of Durham Red & Johnny Alpha - Mark Harrison back with his Grey Area style
Strange & Darke - John Smith & Colin MacNeil (in prog for a change!)
Absalom - Trevellion & co... let's get them grandkids out of Hell!
The Thirteenth Floor vs Zombo vs Doomlord vs Misty - Henry Flint in a ready player one style mash-up

Bad City Blue

Dredd by Wagner and Bolland
Strontium Dog by Wagner and Ezquerra
DR & Quinch by Moore and Davis
Kingdom by Abnett and Elson
Ro Busters by Mills and Gibbons

Index page - DROID LIFE
Back page - CAPTAIN KLEP
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

TordelBack

Such a good topic, but it hurtz muh hed.  The need to distinguish between the possible and the impossible ideal progs means two lists.

The sadly impossible perfect line-up...

Cover: Bellardinelli weirdness
1. Dredd - Wagner and C. Kennedy.
2. Low Life f. Dirty Frank - Williams & D'Israeli (I know this one is still a goer, but I needed some D'Israeli and I needed a humour strip)
3. Indigo Prime - Smith & Bagwell
4. Halo Jones - Moore & Gibson.
5. Sláine - Mills & McMahon.
Back page: Sooner or Later - Milligan, McCarthy and Riot

The plausible perfect line-up..

Cover and back cover: Chris Weston image of his choice
1. Dredd - Wagner and Ezquerra
2. Kingdom - Abnett and Elson
3. Stickleback - Edginton and D'Israeli
4. Deadworld - Long and Kendall
5. Zombo - Ewing & Flint

Ooooh that'd be hard on the receptors...

Colin YNWA

Surely the fact that its a dream Prog means that it doesn't have to be plausible now?

Please say so it was hard enough to reach a decision last time!

james newell

print addition with the option to swiping off the design elements to reveal the cover art on its own with the stages from the concept, sketches, in  final art, with notes on from editor & artist.

each comic strip page to do the same, to look at inking and coloring stages and lettering with notes by the creative people per strip.

Dredd - wagner & will simpson

Abc warriors Black and white  - Mills & Bisley

Slaine - Mills & McMahon

Ad for the new Mega City one TV Show launch party for all readers.

Gray Area - Abnett & Harrison

New Series  - Alan Moore  & John Hickelton

More Titan - williams & Henry Flint

Live draw Star Scan on the back cover, say an artist and character and the image appears!

and a free gift of the actual original Prog 2 just for me!

well a guy can dream.

Fungus

Wraparound cover - O'Neill
Letters/Drawings - shit Judge pun included
Strontium Dog
Nemesis
Dredd - colour centre spread. Ron Smith. Did I mention the prog was otherwise in glorious black & white? As Grud intended?
Future Shock - not one of the obvious twists, mind. Oh, and funny, not po-faced
Stickleback

Bliss (not Robert)

matty_ae

50th Party issue

Zenith "Fat & fabulous @ fifty" - Morrison & Yeowell
Halo Jones "A Pirates life on the High C's" - Leah Moore & Ian Gibson, music by Alan Moore
Judge Anderson 'My life in Boing' - Bolland & Wagner
Dante/Countess De Wynter 'Mid Life Crisis' - Fraser & Morrison with a war flashback by John Burns
Doomlord/Rok cross-over 'Ring Wars' Wagner & Cornwell

Tarantino

Quote from: The Corinthian on 29 July, 2017, 04:33:26 PM
Based on what could happen now (so no hypothetical new Nemesis, Dante etc series) and is plausible (no Halo Jones Book Four),

There's no reason why Dante's character can't be reprised at some point in the future, as was proven by the recent special.

Tarantino

JoFox2108

OK, my dream Prog...

I would love Adam Brown to do the cover.

(I thought this one was fabulous...

)

Then stories...

* AJudge Dredd / Star Wars crossover (Can you imagine Dredd if some poor hapless Jedi tries a mind trick on him!  I think it would be really funny.  )
The Jedi could arrive on earth having followed some evil Sith scumbag through a wormhole near Titan.  He could then pursue said Sith until Dredd stops and arrests him, cue pompous Jedi vs practical no nonsense MC1 Judge conversation.  Then the Sith could cause massive problems in MC1 and join forces with the dark judges.  Dredd might then get the Jedi out of cubes and temporarily assign him to Psi Division.  Then there's a Sith / Dark Judges  vs Judges / Jedi tag team death match with the lives of MC1 in the balance.  You could also have Walter meet C3po and R2?  It would sooooo cool!

* The Ballard of Halo Jones reprinted in colour and then serialised.

* A new Cursed Earth Mutant hero story.   Could be set in the time when Mc Gruder was out there and still functioning OK.  I just love an underdog story.

*Robo-Hunter

* More Strontium Dog

QuoteIt's all a deep end.

TordelBack

Quote from: JoFox2108 on 30 July, 2017, 09:24:03 PM
* The Ballard of Halo Jones reprinted in colour

Heh, one man's meat...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: matty_ae on 30 July, 2017, 04:12:07 AM
Doomlord/Rok cross-over 'Ring Wars' Wagner & Cornwell

Now this is getting creative and so, so very very good. Tharg make this happen!

sheridan

Quote from: Tarantino on 30 July, 2017, 08:00:56 AM
Quote from: The Corinthian on 29 July, 2017, 04:33:26 PM
Based on what could happen now (so no hypothetical new Nemesis, Dante etc series) and is plausible (no Halo Jones Book Four),

There's no reason why Dante's character can't be reprised at some point in the future, as was proven by the recent special.

Tarantino
The same can also be said for Nemesis on the same basis.

sheridan

Quote from: matty_ae on 30 July, 2017, 04:12:07 AM
Halo Jones "A Pirates life on the High C's" - Leah Moore & Ian Gibson, music by Alan Moore

Is that a cross-over with one of the Nemo books?