Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "TordelBack"Recession woes and a rising tide of dependents have caused me to rethink my long-standing shop-bought coffee addiction... but the solution has proved to be even better!  I've taken to filling a flask with eight measures of good home-brewed espresso and a dash of just-boiled water and bringing out to work with me... it tastes absolutely fantastic, costs about 50 cent and keeps me buzzing all day.  The downside is the resulting mass unemployment in that part of the cafe sector within walking distance of my office, but hey, still better than Godpleton's bedlinen...

Likewise or sort of with drinking chocolate.Its much more economical to buy a carton of raw cocoa that costs about 1.50 [organic] instead of buying drinking chocolate that you add to milk which is overpriced for what it is considering it is mostly rubbish .With raw cocoa you only need to use one teaspoon or so added to a cup of milk plus add sugar to taste plus each carton of raw cocoa must contain about 40 teaspoons of cocoa at least so it goes a hell of a lot further.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

I, Cosh

I won a prize in one of Tharg's competitions, but it wasn't Tales of the Black Freighter.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

My sister got through to the second round of X-Factor auditions. She confirmed that she didn't get anywhere near Simon Cowell.

uncle fester

Quote from: "Godpleton"My sister got through to the second round of X-Factor auditions. She confirmed that she didn't get anywhere near Simon Cowell.

...That's good all round isn't it??

Devons Daddy

we have been asked to look after a new born baby, while the mummy sorts her self out.

the second time we have done this, last time lasted 2.5 years. so today is a lovely day.
one month old baby boy at home, awaiting our unconditional love to be showered upon him. i am sure he will enjoy the Big finish CDs, i intend to play at his cot side. lifes good today. isnt it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

the shutdown man

I watched the awesome season finale to Fringe last night, and I'm looking forward to the hopefully awesome season finale of Lost tonight. Awesome TV week.

Also, after watching Fringe , I had a lovely bath. Soothed out all the aches and creaks. Which in turn meant I didn't have to have a shower this morning, so I could have an extra 15 minutes in bed.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Something Fishy

Quote from: "Devons Daddy"we have been asked to look after a new born baby, while the mummy sorts her self out.

the second time we have done this, last time lasted 2.5 years. so today is a lovely day.
one month old baby boy at home, awaiting our unconditional love to be showered upon him. i am sure he will enjoy the Big finish CDs, i intend to play at his cot side. lifes good today. isnt it.

THat's a really kind thing to do DD.  Good on you.

Roger Godpleton

I had a haircut. I no longer look like a Jew. Had Pork for dinner.

the shutdown man

I found a top-notch boxset in HMV yesterday: Airplane, Top Secret, all three Naked Guns and the entire series of Police Squad. It only cost €20.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

House of Usher

I had a dream the other night where I was sitting next to Sid James on a bus and we had a bit of a chat. He was quite subdued and in fact a shadow of his former self, but it was quite still a good dream.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

SmallBlueThing

Yesterday, in Tunbridge Wells, I picked up Friday The 13 parts 7 and 8 for £1.50 each. Also 28 Weeks Later for £2, an 80s Dan Dare Holiday Special for 50p and a bunch of DC/Charlton horror comics for a quid.

However, on the way home, I discovered that the stoonpid shop assistant had given me the part 6 disc in the part 7 box, which made me fly into incandescent and wholly disproportionate rage for the whole 37 minute journey. In the cold light of day, most of those bargains outweigh the other, so "sort of okay" sums it up.

Steev

House of Usher

Quote from: "Roger Godpleton"Were any hands placed on laps?
Erm... no. Come on, you sick f**k, it wasn't that good a dream!  :shock:
STRIKE !!!