Main Menu

Now I Know My ABCs...

Started by Funt Solo, 31 March, 2021, 05:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Is there a problem with A-Z today. Just tried to visit and I'm getting spinning wheel of death and then it times out? Just more or has anyone else had a problem?

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

All fine from my end aaaaand now I've seen that Ichabod panel again and suddenly all is right with the world.

Truly, it is a fine cure-all sir.

Colin YNWA

Ohhh just me then. I'll see what happened when I'm back home. Might be work network deciding they don't like me looking at all this 2000ad nonsense.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 January, 2024, 03:32:57 PMMight be work network deciding they don't like me looking at all this 2000ad nonsense.

My work sometimes blocks the site - I've been trying to figure out what it might be. I probably do have some swear-words and saucy language, knowing me. Also, the Valkyries pic might be crossing some sort of automated pr0n line. Maybe I should change that one. Or maybe Toots Malloy. Cue: boarders immediately racking up hits on those two pages.

Conspiracy Corner: maybe the network is run by the Chinese government, and they don't like my review of China in Crisis. Cue: overhead observation by "weather balloon" and enforcement actions by a global stealth-police force.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 January, 2024, 03:32:57 PMOhhh just me then. I'll see what happened when I'm back home. Might be work network deciding they don't like me looking at all this 2000ad nonsense.

Yep just work - fine at home.

Funt Solo

New sections added:

Stories section:   
        Bladers
        Dredger
        El Mestizo
        Hellman
        Johnny Red
        Major Eazy
    Dreddverse section:
        [Age of the New Flesh]
        [Fargo, Eartha]
        One-Eyed Jack
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

For all the different years of Judge Dredd I originally had a single pic (by Alex Ronald).

I thought it would be more fun to have a pic for each year - so I could get a glimpse of how Dredd's style has changed over time, and also to see different artistic interpretations of the character.

So - each year now has a different pic - have a look and see what you think. It's 37 different artists (& 8 colorists) over 48 years. And I mostly stuck with pics of Dredd, but a couple of times I couldn't resist a little diversion.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Le Fink

Thanks - I've got a lot of time for the Brett Ewins and Brendan McCarthy Dredds. Is anyone nowadays quite so quirky?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Le Fink on 29 January, 2024, 07:54:22 PMThanks - I've got a lot of time for the Brett Ewins and Brendan McCarthy Dredds. Is anyone nowadays quite so quirky?

That'd be tricky to quantify, but McCrea's pretty loose, and Boo Cook kinda sorta oozes quirk. McCarthy really shook things up with Riders on the Storm, though - and Ewins' Haunting of Sector House 9 was a shock to the system.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

Beautiful!
The Inaki Miranda really stuck out for me as something quite different.

Really a lot of people have drawn a lot of pictures of Judge Dredd.

Max Headroom

Funt Solo - If you are reading this, I just noticed your superb A-Z is missing the Ro-Busters story 'Seeing Red' from the 40th Anniversary Prog. (Hope you don't mind me pointing this out?!)

Funt Solo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 30 January, 2024, 04:50:30 PMFunt Solo - If you are reading this, I just noticed your superb A-Z is missing the Ro-Busters story 'Seeing Red' from the 40th Anniversary Prog. (Hope you don't mind me pointing this out?!)

I love knowing when I've missed stuff! Just the other day I noticed that I'd somehow pasted Belardinelli in as artist on a bunch of Dredd stories that were done by Ron Smith. Don't know what I was smoking that day.

For some reason, I popped Seeing Red onto this page by accident: The ABC Warriors | Order of Battle

I'll fix it in the next edit - thanks!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

UPDATES

Stories section:
    The A.B.C. Warriors - data repair
    D.R. & Quinch - data repair
    Droid Life - new content       
    Enemy Earth - new content
    Feral & Foe - new content
    Fiends of the Eastern Front - added Thrill-Cast link
    Hawk the Slayer - added Thrill-Cast link