Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Frank on 24 August, 2019, 11:08:27 AMBattle*, Invasion, a sequel to There's Something Abnormal About Norman, even.

I see what you've done there...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

Shout-out to Philosophy Tube (Oliver Thorn) doing a live read-through of the complete works of Shakespeare on Twitch in aid of the Samaritans.  It's often as delightfully shambolic as you'd expect a stream currently approaching its fourth day and featuring supporting roles played by game streamers, social media communists and/or real actual actors to be, but it's all in a good cause.

Should you be unaware, Philosophy Tube is the creation of Thorne, a reformed LibDem voter who took up explaining philosophical concepts on that there Youtube after someone went and put higher education beyond the financial reach of young people like himself, but fast forward 6 years and a switch of ambition from academia to acting and he's become one of the most entertaining Youtubers generating original content.
His latest video explaining "Climate Grief" helpfully highlights how burning rainforests and all cops being bastards are the same problem.

sheridan

Quote from: Professor Bear on 25 August, 2019, 09:16:39 PM
Shout-out to Philosophy Tube (Oliver Thorn) doing a live read-through of the complete works of Shakespeare on Twitch in aid of the Samaritans.  It's often as delightfully shambolic as you'd expect a stream currently approaching its fourth day and featuring supporting roles played by game streamers, social media communists and/or real actual actors to be, but it's all in a good cause.

Can't decide if that was intentional or auto-correct (commentators / communists)...

Professor Bear

Mostly they're from the Breadtube community, so technically they are both.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Professor Bear

I've enjoyed the last couple of weeks of liberal fanfiction in the Guardian describing how the Queen is going to step in and stop Brexit any second now, but I must say the punchline just before the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme kicks in was a bit depressing.

Rately

Quote from: Professor Bear on 28 August, 2019, 11:40:09 AM
I've enjoyed the last couple of weeks of liberal fanfiction in the Guardian describing how the Queen is going to step in and stop Brexit any second now, but I must say the punchline just before the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme kicks in was a bit depressing.

It's hilarious. Well, it isn't, but the fact that there are people who think the Queen will step in is a very good measure of just how far we have all fallen during this whole bloody mess.

I suppose next they'll be saying that she made a veiled political attack on Boris the Baboon, based on what piece of jewellery she wore when meeting him.

Ugh.

Steve Green

Quote from: Professor Bear on 28 August, 2019, 11:40:09 AM

Maybe they were thinking of the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony?

Professor Bear

I don't think so, otherwise they would have mentioned it before now.

Steve Green

Hawkmumbler

Nobody:

Absolutely No One:

Not a Soul:

BoJo: "You see this democracy..."

IAMTHESYSTEM

By eliminating Parliament, Bo-Jo's fuckwit Brigade gets their way by default. The Tory majority is too thin, and Jonson doesn't want to wait till October hence the barnstorming. They'll be blood on the streets sooner or later over this. >:D
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

So long as the people believe that these squabbling lunatics have the right to screw things up for everyone else in order to increase their own wealth and power, they'll continue to screw things up for everyone else in order to increase their own wealth and power.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Petition: Do not prorogue Parliament

---

Everyone concentrate now, really hard, close your eyes and wish the bad men would go away because your belief in their power is their only strength.  Did you wish?  Really hard?  Now open your eyes ... yay!  Oh, no, wait - turns out that has no effect at all.  Bummer.  Hey Shark, that doesn't work!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Neither does wishing for a decent "government."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]