Main Menu

What games did you never finished or got time to?

Started by Goaty, 05 September, 2013, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Rambo: The Video Game.  Played it once this morning when it came in the post, got killed in-game, took it out of the machine and deleted the install data.  It is an offensively bad game, as it's one of those single-screen FPS' you can download for free for Android and IOS, only it needs a 2gb install compared to a tablet/phone game's 50-100mb, and obviously you have to pay for it.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: mogzilla on 21 February, 2014, 03:09:23 PM
star wars rogue squadron rouge leader on the gamecube ,that last level was hard getting out of the death star
actually I did it once with cheats then couldn't do it again.

That's one of the few games I can say I HAVE completed! Not just Rogue Squadron either, but the free co-op version that came with Rogue Squadron II!  I agree though, the last level is a bitch!  I bloody adore the level just before it though - 'IT'S A TRAP!'  :D

The Doctor Alt 8

Neverwinter Nights... I was near the end of the second part of this when the laptop it was on got stolen... The thiefs removed my USB memory stick and left it  :D  ... But didn't remove the game disc.  >:(

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: pictsy on 10 September, 2013, 02:32:36 PM
I have somehow managed to avoid achievement based gaming. 

I have always considered finishing a game to mean getting to the end, not having it 100% complete.  There are plenty of games as well that I feel have blurred end goals if any end goal at all.

Achievements / trophies do nothing for me. I can see their appeal, I understand their meta-game nature, but they leave me cold. I play for fun, or to enjoy a story. Not to grind some arbitrary sub-goal that neither adds to the fun or the story.

I appreciate their is a degree of hypocrisy in that; all games are ultimately puzzles created by their designer and so contrain arbitrary goals.

Except for The Stanley Parable.
Lock up your spoons!

mogzilla

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.