Main Menu

What Are The The Prices For Lettering?

Started by geronimo, 11 December, 2018, 11:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: geronimo on 11 December, 2018, 04:51:45 PM
Where can I reach you to do business with when the time comes?

To belatedly answer this question...!

You can message me through this site. I should mention that I'm one of the busiest letterers (possibly the busiest letterer) working in English-language comics. If we're talking about a handful of pages, there's a decent chance I can squeeze 'em in but, if not, I can certainly put you in touch with another letterer who'll be able to tackle your pages to a high standard.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Jim is also possibly the 'best' letterer out there not working for TMO on a regular basis in the prog.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 December, 2018, 09:23:02 AM
Jim is also possibly the 'best' letterer out there not working for TMO on a regular basis in the prog.

You're far too kind, as always, Bolt! :-)

TBH, I get the 2000AD thing — I've referred to the prog in the past as a machine, and it is — it's a machine that consumes vast amounts of content at a ferocious pace. If all the parts are working reliably, in this case if TMO has a stable stable of letterers, it'd be crazy to mess with it for no reason.

(And, y'know, I do all right out of Rebellion — Sniper Elite, the Scream specials, Charley's War, and I'm hard at work on Vol2 of Roy of the Rovers right now...)

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 December, 2018, 09:41:47 AM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 December, 2018, 09:23:02 AM

You're far too kind, as always, Bolt! :-)

TBH, I get the 2000AD thing — I've referred to the prog in the past as a machine, and it is — it's a machine that consumes vast amounts of content at a ferocious pace. If all the parts are working reliably, in this case if TMO has a stable stable of letterers, it'd be crazy to mess with it for no reason.

(And, y'know, I do all right out of Rebellion — Sniper Elite, the Scream specials, Charley's War, and I'm hard at work on Vol2 of Roy of the Rovers right now...)

Jim's name certainly comes up a lot - before I moved house I was in a local library-run comic group where I'd pick up graphic novels I wouldn't normally read, and Mr Campbell did seem to contribute to a good proportion of them!

Bolt-01

Ah, but the success comes at a price- how many times have you missed a good convention in the last few years due to last minute corrections Jim?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 December, 2018, 10:29:04 AM
Ah, but the success comes at a price- how many times have you missed a good convention in the last few years due to last minute corrections Jim?

Hrrgh. I've missed almost all of them, dating back to the final Hi-Ex.

Adrian Bamforth

Jim, my apologies about my earlier post, I didn't take the time to appreciate that proper letterers are available to take on this task or the subtleties involved as was answering as if it were just a tip for small press types. Egg all over my face.

TordelBack

Feck's sake, this place is just no good - I was looking forward to a Christmas donnybrook!  Courteous bloody pro's ruining everyone's fun... 

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 13 December, 2018, 03:38:25 PM
Jim, my apologies about my earlier post, I didn't take the time to appreciate that proper letterers are available to take on this task or the subtleties involved as was answering as if it were just a tip for small press types. Egg all over my face.

Fuck you, Bamforth!

(Naah. It's fine. Apology much appreciated. Think no more of it...)

TordelBack

And that's that. May as well head over to the JBF...

geronimo

Trout

A single word on the final line of a block of text would get you carpeted in a newsroom, Jim. Just saying.  ;)