Main Menu

Casshern - London Cinema release?

Started by Shewrog, 21 February, 2005, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shewrog

Hello!

Anybody out there in London - do any of you know if this bonkers but fantstic looking film is being released in London Cinemas?

I've seen the release date qouted as this weekend but can't find a cinema with it listed -cheers!

Tanky

ming

I'd not heard of this, but it sounds interesting.  Anyone else wanting more info, check the link (a handy source for reviews of Japanese films, but beware potential spoilers - well they are reviews).

On a vaguely related note, anyone seen Zipang?  Now that is wacky!

Link: http://www.midnighteye.com/reviews/casshern.shtml" target="_blank">Casshern review

Shewrog

Thanks for the link, that site looks great..

ming

Y'welcome.  Thanks for the heads up on Casshern!  I watched a trailer for this on the Japanese Apple site, and it looks great...so a 3 disc dvd is now on it's way to me via ebay...

Shewrog

Wow, no meesing around then. The film does look great, I'm a real sucker for viuals. Is Sky Captain a renter or a keeper?

Let me know what you think of Casshern.

ming

Well, I was picking up a couple of other things anyway and I'm a bit of a sucker for Japanese films (Sabu being a particular favourite).  As for Sky Captain, that was more of a 'watch it on the plane' for me :-)  but maybe I'm being harsh...

I'll keep you posted on Casshern, and once I get the new Appleseed anime...mmmmm

Shewrog

Yeah, that trailer is just everything u want basically isn't it? There is an Appleseed movie out here already as well though isnt there? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere..

Think I'll avoid Sky Captain...have you seen Avalon?? I should be getting that end of the week..