Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Matt Timson

That looks suspiciously CG to me...
Pffft...

therev

Hmm...maybe.
The spaceship looks cool though.
Take more than a tarpaulin to cover THAT up!
;-)

Bico

They've grave-robbed Marlon Brando to play Jor-El again (like they did with Larry Olivier in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow), and now that spaceship looks like the one from the original Superman movie as well.  Methinks there won't be too much by way of originality to this one...

Although it would be nice if they could explain why - if it was such an advanced culture - Krypton didn't have any space colonies that Jor-El could have sent his son to - instead of some barbaric backwater where he was going to grow up feeling like a freak.

maryanddavid

i need a microsoft publication dodument converted to pdf   as soon as possible, this eve would be great, any of you kind souls like to help?
cheers
david

Lord Running Clam

That whole bit in sky captain just didnt work,shame they're going down the same route with Marlon Brando.Do you know if they will just use footage from the first superman film or splice together bits from different films?

I do like the spaceship,got to wonder how they will explain the Kents hiding something that big.

Mr C

Well, word is that this isn't a re-start for the Big Blue Boy Scout. Nope, this is a continuation of Chris Reeves' film, conveniently cutting out the crappy thrid and fourth films.

Shame really.

Mind you, first two superman films are ace.

"kneel before Zod!"

Matt Timson

I seem to recall it being explained that all Kryptonians were deliberately genetically linked to Krypton and that to leave meant death.

Obviously, Jor-El diddled with his unborn son's DNA to get round this.

This was around the time of the 'Man of Steel' revamp- so things have probably changed again now...
Pffft...

Matt Timson

"kneel before Zod"

I liked it when the President knelt before him and moaned "Oh God..."

"Zod", Zod helpfully volunteered, thinking that the President had mispronounced his name.

Superman II.  Best of the lot!
Pffft...

Dan Kelly

> Do you know if they will just use footage from the first superman film or splice together bits from different films?

Apparantly they are trying to get hold of the rights to the stuff that Donner filmed for the second superman movie, before he was booted off it.

So no splice and dice needed

Dan

Adrian Bamforth

Perhaps it's just me but I thought the third film was great, certainly better than you might expect a second sequel to be.

Can't speak for the third as they never seem to show it.

ADE

Adrian Bamforth

I meant fourth by the way.

ADE

Noisybast

Some fairly minor spoilers & costume details here:

Link: http://www.latinoreview.com/scoops/superman-sd.html" target="_blank">SPOIL ME!

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bico

That was the whole 'Eradicator' arc from the Dan Jurgens run on the comics (back when they were good), which was a good stab at explaining it - I more mean how they explain it in general in the cartoons, the movies, and the tv shows.  Although I seem to recall an episode of Lois and Clark that had a shitload of Kryptonians arrive in a big spaceship.

Satanist

"Superman II. Best of the lot!"

My fave line is from the same scene.

President : There is one man who will never kneel before you!

Zod : Who is this imbecile?

It never fails to make me laugh
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?