Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 267: The law comes to East-Meg One... with a BANG!

Ace's scarf takes on a life of its own!  Oh, and Judge Dredd kills half a billion people.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 268: Heavy metal attack! BLAM! BLAM! CRAASSH!
The female of the species always has long hair, apparently.  Even if the species is an alien skeletoid which doesn't normally have any hair.

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 270: "BEAST!" Ace Garp gets the big brush-off! See this week's "heart-warming" episode of... Ace Trucking Co.

The death of a major character (but don't worry, it only lasts a few panels).  Then the death of another major character (this one lasts a little longer - 38 years and counting).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 271: "Ditch him, G-B-H ...the fate of Ace Trucking is at stake!" Battle of the Biffos!

What shall we do next in the Mean Arena?  I know, let's play the Black Ace!  Like we did the last time, and the time before that.  Also - in another story, why not keep the robot all year around?  They've had a few centuries to save up the money!

sheridan

TordelBack

Every now and then on this thread I think it needs to be said:  you're a drokkin' machine, Sheridan.

sheridan

Thanks Tordelback - doing a one-a-day blog really makes me respect people like Eamonn and Conrad all the more - not only are they publishing regularly but they're having to spend a lot more time editing their audio recordings than my text!  Plus they have to schedule themselves and somebody else, sometimes across timezones (well, always across timezones in Conrad's case).

So... today's one is 2000AD Prog 273: The League of Fatties! "Wheel!"
Bub Jones returns!

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 275: Take your partners for the... SPLUD! Sha'ka War Dance!

The return of an old enemy for Slade.  And of an old politician in Mega-City One.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 276: "Come on, ya tin creeps! I'll murder ya!" "Ay yi yi! Thees keed he have the way with words!"

He survived Chief Judge Cal.  He got through the election when Power Tower turned in to a volcano.  But he won't survive a mushroom.  Leaving Mega-City One without a mayor for some time...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 277: Have YOU seen the mushroom men?

Body horror in Judge Dredd, and a pretty gruesome way to die in Rogue Trooper too.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 278: "Do something, Slade! I'm gonna BURST!" Inflation hits Brit-Cit!

After last prog's body horror, today body comedy (and this was decades before something similar happened in Harry Potter).

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 07 May, 2020, 12:12:57 PM
was decades before something similar happened in Harry Potter).

But some years after it happened to Violet Beauregard!