Main Menu

Cold Deck & foreshadowing stories

Started by jabish, 20 November, 2012, 11:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I seem to remember the baby was born and adopted/or the foetus transferred (abortion being illegal in the Meg - well outside of mutant terminations).

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Adventurer on 25 November, 2012, 10:44:13 PM
Nice master list Jimbo. The only thing I might add would be that serial about Karyn ending up a vampire monster just to put an end cap to her story (so far)

EDIT: Or was that Decent?

Yeah, that's Descent. I included it as part of the Total War aftermath because it kicks off when one of the sites of the TW bombings is found to lead straight down into the Undercity and a busload of tourists goes missing in said hole.

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 November, 2012, 10:45:28 PM
I seem to remember the baby was born and adopted/or the foetus transferred (abortion being illegal in the Meg - well outside of mutant terminations).

Aye, adopted. Blimey, the baby would already be six years old! The only mention of that plot-thread to date is in prog 1452, but I hope they haven't dropped it completely. It'd be nice for the kid to turn up out of the blue one day ala Vienna and turn the Dredd family's world upside down.

@jamesfeistdraws

a chosen rider

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 25 November, 2012, 11:41:19 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 25 November, 2012, 10:45:28 PM

Aye, adopted. Blimey, the baby would already be six years old! The only mention of that plot-thread to date is in prog 1452, but I hope they haven't dropped it completely. It'd be nice for the kid to turn up out of the blue one day ala Vienna and turn the Dredd family's world upside down.

Hmm.  You know, after Day of Chaos, the Judges are going to be on the lookout for freshly orphaned kids to recruit.  And if they're wary of Sov sleeper agents, that kid's DNA test would surely raise all sorts of high-level alarm bells...
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Pioneer

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 25 November, 2012, 08:46:05 PM
Quote from: Cactus on 24 November, 2012, 10:21:35 PM
Wasn't Regime Change the South-Am story with the [spoiler]tanks and the mass graves[/spoiler]? I read that a few months ago and don't recall Kazan.

It's a minor role indeed, but [spoiler]at the very end Hershey is talking to the Council about the successful implementation of their new aggressive foreign policy and signs off with 'We're all very grateful to our new military advisor' (or something to that effect) at which point Kazan is wheeled in. The story ends on his smirking, knowing face.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Pioneer on 25 November, 2012, 12:02:54 AM
Jimbo, I'm also currently in the process of purchasing back issues to flesh out the wider Dredd narrative, will be on to Gulag, Blood Trails and the rest of the Rennie stories you've been talking about soon. Apart from the progs you've already mentioned in this thread are there any others that would be relevant?

Here's all I can think of off the top of my head - obviously given the way the Dredd strip works there's a fair bit of overlap here and there -

Total War

Terror, progs 1392-1399*
Total War, progs 1408-1419*
After the Bombs, progs 1420-1422*
Visiting Hour, prog 1423 (Rico, Vienna, Bloodline)
Casualties, prog 1424 (Guthrie)
Horror in Emergency Camp 4, progs 1425-1428**
Descent, progs 1432-1436 (Karyn)***
Caught in the Act, progs 1450-1451
One For the Boys, Prog 2009

Blood Trails

Gulag, 1382-1386 (Sovs, Guthrie, Giant, Karyn)
Blood Trails, 1440-1449 (Sovs, Vienna, Bloodline, Guthrie, Giant, Kazan)
Matters of Life and Death, prog 1452 (Giant, Vienna)
Change of Loyalties, prog 1466 (Sovs, Kazan)
Regime Change Megazine 246-249 (Sovs, Kazan)
Burned Out, prog 1461, Megazine 238 (Guthrie, Giant)

Other recurring Rennie stuff

Global Psycho, prog 1468 (Global Psycho)
Direct Action, progs 1477-1479 (Mercey Shakespeare)
House of Pain, prog 1484-1490 (Guthrie, Krush)
Test Flight, prog 1554 (Krush, Mercey Shakespeare)
Killer Elite, Megazine 328-? (Global Psycho)

*(Reprinted in the Total War TPB)
**Sequel to Black Widow, Megazines 1.07-1.09
***Sequel to Asylum, Megazine 4.05

I may have missed a few as my progs from that era are long gone and this was compiled from memory (and help from Barney!) To be honest if I'd realised how long this post was going to take to compile I might not have bothered! Ah well.

Thanks a lot Jimbo, loads to be getting on with then! The old bank account's gonna take a battering after that lot ;)