Main Menu

30th Anniversary Party...?

Started by Grant Goggans, 12 October, 2006, 03:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Has anyone heard anything concrete about a 30th anniversary in February or March?  I have not been to the UK since 1995 and I am seriously considering getting a passport and coming if there will be one, but I need to start budgeting for it if I am to come...

thinky

i'm looking forward to a concrete date being announced sooner rather than later - it's hard enough getting "time off" from the family for nights out, so i'll want to stack up a lot of bonus points well in advance ;)

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Buddy

Yes, sooner the better.

I've flights to book, holidays to book off work, childminders to book, kennels to book and the sooner I start organising this lot the better.

It's gotta be as close to the publication date of prog 1 as possible, 26 Feb, a tuesday so I'll guess the weekend before that, Saturday 23rd.

But I could be wrong.

Large48

Still prefer the idea of hiring a gallery and hanging some decent artwork for the 30th get together in a similar fashion to the one that was held in London....

Rufus you da man! ;-)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Wils

So rather than a party, it'd be a 30th Anniversary Stand-in-a-Gallery-All-Day? No ta. Although having something like that as *part* of the celebrations would be great, having that as the *sole* event would be a bit dull and possibly extremely smug-festish.

Large48

Wils gues it depends on your definition of a party...... ;-)

I quite like my fetish parties but would hazard a guess most of the 30/40 somethings that are likely to go might not feel the same!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

DavidXBrunt

Speaking solely for myself I'd much. much prefer to have an event like the previous Dreddcons than the, I'm sure wonderful, art exhibit.

Trout

I'd love some advance warning, too.

Will it be around the time Dreddcon is usually held, or around the actual anniversary?

I need to plan ahead, to come all the way down from Jockland.

Oh, and let's get pished.

- Trout

Carlsborg Expert

Well I want to go. I've been reading 2000ad for years. I will be 4 years older than it and have long regarded it as a younger sometime misguided brother who's heart is in the right place.

Being conscious of this, why should I let detracter both within and without the 2000ad camp make me feel unworthy of appearing at such a fastidious event?

Your money is no good here is a bit effing late as my truck driving dad worked very hard to pull a little out on said pamphlet. I will be going to honour him as much as any of the creators and fans.

We may not all speak the same language but all said and done that was the idealism of 2000ad in the first place. Understanding beyond the the back wall of our little shelters.

I could go on and it will probably start sounding like a eulogy.

No offence meant. I can't do what everybody else does but I try to do what I do, well to the best of its potential.

I would like to also add arguements on the board stay on the board for. They have no place in the real world as I have no place in the higher echilons of the 2000ad camp.

I am just a reader. I want to see how my little brother grew up.

Footnote; If you don't agree that this needed to be said, you could possibly ignore it. Just want people at Rebellion and those concerned, I was stolid defender and believer in this rag of the galaxy. And it is evident that some readers and creators are staunch defenders of their points of view. It will not break the belief in myself and my reasons for attending. Which may not line up accurately alongside yours. However, any problems contact me at smoketabs@hotmail.com

nick-is-at-home

Eh?

As long as Carlos is there i will be!

Jim_Campbell

"Oh, and let's get pished."

Now that, right there, has the makings of a plan!

Especially since it seems that BrumShed is no longer on the cards.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trout

Ah, Jim, I knew we'd get on if we were to meet!

- Trout