Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril_Dox#L.E.G.I.O.N._.2789-94

Im currently reading L.E.G.I.O.N. i have the complete 80's and 90's run of this comic so im working my way through them again.

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

TordelBack

A history of the Workhouses of Ireland by John O'Connor.  It's a topic I've had cause to dip into before, but sweet fecking jeebus, the shower of bastards.

Roger Godpleton

Started Weathercraft, which I expect will take well to multiple readings. Also started Walt &
Skeezix
Vol 1.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 19 July, 2010, 07:42:43 PM
Started Weathercraft, which I expect will take well to multiple readings.

Is that the Jim Woodring GN?  Is it as good as it looks, and is Frank actually in it?

HOO-HAA

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 July, 2010, 07:40:04 PM
A history of the Workhouses of Ireland by John O'Connor.  It's a topic I've had cause to dip into before, but sweet fecking jeebus, the shower of bastards.

I remember studying that in school and thinking the exact same.

Roger Godpleton

Frank and his creepy ass dog things are most definitely in it, but Manhog is the lead. It's arsom.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 19 July, 2010, 08:01:28 PM
Frank and his creepy ass dog things are most definitely in it, but Manhog is the lead. It's arsom.

Class-  off to pester the library to get a copy.

vzzbux

Chira's just died  :( and Thoth's just started plotting the downfall of mankind.
O'Neill still does it big time for me.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 14 July, 2010, 12:08:24 AM
Started reading Inconstant Moon - a collection of Larry Niven's short stories - immediately after and so far it isn't. Most of the stories have a good central idea, but he doesn't seem able to deal with them either in enough depth or with sufficient storytelling verve to satisfy.
I think I've had it with this. Read one last night which surmised that living on Mars would make you "queer" and it would be okay for real men to kill you for making a pass at them. I know you shouldn't equate the writer with the character or the story, but there seemed to be no attempt to present this as unreasonable.

Started Le Guin's City of Illusions today instead. More trees.
We never really die.

DAJB

Quote from: House of Usher on 11 May, 2010, 12:11:02 AM
I've just read Nevermore, an indie graphic novel anthology adaptation of 9 Edgar Allan Poe stories, published by SelfMadeHero in 2007.

It was an impressive little book. Six out of the nine stories have very polished scripts [...] The real highlight for me was The Oval Portrait, adapted by David Berner and Natalie Sandells. It reads like only the cream of the crop of strips published in a 1970s edition of House of Secrets, which, if you read a lot of them in series, is a very patchy read. David Berner's writing is fantastic, and Natalie's drawing style evokes a certain vintage, specifically DC's end of the eighties Wasteland horror anthology.
Hey, I've only belatedly stumbled upon this post by accident.  As the writer of the adaptation of The Oval Portrait, your kind words are very much appreciated.  Thank you!

Albion

Tonight I'll be reading The Chronicles Of Gengis Grimtoad by Alan Grant, John Wagner and Ian Gibson (You may of heard of them).
I've never read it before and just got it from Ebay for £2.64.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Colin Zeal

I'm reading Beyond A Boundary by CLR James. Excellent read so far.

SmallBlueThing

Albion, since fb has died for me, ill put it here.
ian gibson was sort-of wrong in his blog. The early eighties comic in which genghis grimtoad first appeared was called 'look alive', and debuted in september 1982. However, it was by alan grant and angus mcbride back then. Dont know how long it lasted, possibly only five issues.
I knew i was right!
SBT

Albion

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 July, 2010, 02:37:39 PM
Albion, since fb has died for me, ill put it here.

Facebook went weird for me then too. Gibson's art looks awesome in this.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Richmond Clements

A Clash of Kings.

It's bloody brilliant so far.