Main Menu

John Hinkleton: 'Where's Johnny' on More 4, 17th Feb

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 06 February, 2009, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

"After scooping an unprecedented 2 Grierson awards in November 2008, we are pleased to announce that 'Here's Johnny' will be on More 4 as part of the True Stories section. It will screen on the 17th of February at 10pm, Freeview channel 14 Sky channel 138 Virgin Media channel 142"

http://www.heresjohnnyfilm.com
http://www.channel4.com/more4/truestories

Here's Johnny enters the surreal world of renowned graphic artist Johnny Hicklenton, who is battling against Multiple Sclerosis. Living in an increasing state of immobility and frustration, Johnny escapes the confines of his frontroom through his artwork.Through the expression of his brilliant and sometimes troubled imagination we learn about the disease that he cannot escape from.

Launched at the Science Museum on January 30th 2008, and premiering at South by South West film festival in March 2008, Here's Johnny went on to win two prestigious Grierson Awards in November 2008. Winning both the 'Best Arts Documentary' and 'Best Newcomer' awards, Here's Johnny is the first film ever to win two awards in the Griersons' 36 year history.

vzzbux

Ah great saves me posting to find out when this is on TV. Ah the love of the board.
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

wrly_bird

Just a quick reminder to all that this is on tomorrow evening.
Cheers

Wils

I've been really looking forward to this, but especially considering that it's about someone with a disability, it's really shitty that, according to the Radio Times, it's not going to have subtitles.  >:(

satchmo

Richmond Clements

I'm looking forward to this.

It was intersting talking to Alex from Renegade at the weekend, who has been working with John on various projects.

Mikey

It clashes with Mad Men! And the joys of digital  & VHS mean I can't record one and watch the other at the same time.What the hell am I going to do?!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Now I could be wrong, but it's likely to be coming to a torrent near you very shortly...

Keef Monkey

Looking forward to this. I've been very critical of his artwork during the Satanus run and even went so far as writing to Tharg and making some pretty childish comments. The response though really drove home to me that the people who work on the stuff we read are people and have worked hard as hell regardless of whether I liked it or not, and I'm hopefully a lot more constructive with my feedback these days! Have since picked up the Nemesis books and have actually really warmed to his stuff, so looking forward to learning more about the guy.

satchmo

Mad Men is repeated later in the week!
EDIT: on the Beeb it is anyway...

Peter Wolf

I wonder if John is willing to do commissions if asked ? Has he ever done commissions for anyone here ?

I cant watch as i cant get More 4.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Alexlouise

Quote from: "peterwolf"I wonder if John is willing to do commissions if asked ? Has he ever done commissions for anyone here ?

I cant watch as i cant get More 4.

You can watch it on 4 on demand, http://www.channel4.com/video/brandless ... res-johnny

He's done commissions in the past, but it's a lot of work, he's not saying he'll never do them again, but not openly taking them.

For some of his artwork check out www.heresjohnnyfilm.com on the buy now section, there's some brill pieces and all will be personally signed by the man himself. There limited edition only 100 being made, each will be numbered and there's 5 different ones to choose from.

Enjoy!!

opaque