Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

I went to the theatre tonight and left my gloves on the back seat of the taxi.

We walked home, but there were no gloves to leave anywhere by that point.

The play was '6 Characters in Search of an Author.' Quite enjoyable. After all the time it's taken me to catch up with it I found that it wasn't actually necessary to see it - a read of the wikipedia entry will do - and it didn't seem all that relevant to today despite the company's superb efforts to make it so.

I think Pirandello was onto something clever and original when he wrote it, but the ideas in it have long since entered the mainstream.

There was an attractive and spunky blonde girl in it though and it wouldn't have stretched the imagination greatly to pretend she was Victoria Coren if it should please one to do so.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 November, 2009, 11:05:43 PM
Seriously, who the fuck actually wears gloves?

Gentlemen of style and taste, dear Godpleton. Perhaps that's why you're not aware of the phenomenon.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

House of Usher

I will let you all imagine they were silk, suede or kid gloves to compliment my top hat and opera cape, and not merely padded winter thermal gloves from George at Asda.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quoteand i have been wanting to do a car boot with a friend

Is this the Brighton version of doggng?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 November, 2009, 09:11:19 AM
Quoteand i have been wanting to do a car boot with a friend

Is this the Brighton version of doggng?

No.

A car boot sale involves selling secondhand junk unloaded from the back of a car and the Sunday Market is one of the most well known despite the fact its nowhere near as good as it used to be.Its still worth going to it as it has a high proportion of antiquey type stuff which makes it good for a bargain hunt so i usually go home with something plus its particularly good for secondhand records.

Hope this sorts out any confusion as spying on couples fucking in cars in out of town car parks at night isnt really my thing.

I dont
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Quote from: faplad on 14 November, 2009, 10:09:02 PM
Have their been decent Nemesis covers? (The series was before my time) I'd guess there must have been though. Is there not a covers gallery around somewhere, on here or the much mentioned Barney? I don't know, it's not something I've ever looked for.

Probably not what you're looking for but just a thought.

I worked with the 3 covers posted by SS which helped a bit.

I didnt even think of your suggestion but i didnt bother looking because i didnt have the patience to trawl through all the covers.

I got an entry together that is pencilled and i am about to ink it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Satanist

My 1 year old boy has the skitters and just dumped a massive wet,runny,lumpy brown load in his nappy. As I went to get the stuff to clean him up he sat on the floor and it all squeezed out the side like stamping on a tube of toothpaste. Thank fuck we have wooden floors and not carpet.

Im still boaking at the thought.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

Quote from: House of Usher on 14 November, 2009, 11:22:54 PM
I will let you all imagine they were silk, suede or kid gloves to compliment my top hat and opera cape, and not merely padded winter thermal gloves from George at Asda.
You have just completely ruined the mental image I had constructed of you and your good lady stepping out of a Hansom at the theatre door, curtains having been held in anticipation of your arrival, the production to be followed by cocktails, dazzling repartee and dancing till dawn.

This qualifies as a minor impediment.
I wear gloves when I'm on my bike. Or when it's cold as I have delicate, nimble little hands.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: The Cosh on 15 November, 2009, 12:54:54 PM
I wear gloves when I'm on my bike. Or when it's cold as I have delicate, nimble little hands.

Wearing gloves on a bike is okay for the protection but just for the cold weather, are you a footballer by chance my dear Cosh?

TordelBack

QuoteI will let you all imagine they were silk, suede or kid gloves to compliment my top hat and opera cape,

Just a tip, HoU, but never go see Mask Of Zorro.  You'd be like a magnet for every Joe Chill/Nicholson Joker wannabe.

worldshown

I took advantage of today's relatively mild weather to spend half an hour down Cosmeston Lakes with my camera. After taking a few pictures of the swans and ducks, I chanced upon a few squirrels who obligingly let me get close enough to take photographs.

Then some idiot thought it would be funny to sic his dog on the squirrels.

Paul faplad Finch

I have, at last count :

1 Emergency Ambulance
1 Police Van
3 Police Cars
1 Helicopter
Shitloads of Coppers
4 Dogs    Not Police Dogs. Just dogs,

all doing whatever it is they are doing right outside the front window.(Except the helicopter of course, which is circling the street)  Bloody noisy, bloody annoying, and I'm bloody curious but don't want to be seen to be taking too close an interest for fear of inciting the ire of whichever chav neighbours has set it all off.

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Mike Gloady

I hate stuff like that.  I'm sure the semi-regular night-time hellicopter circling that certain chav neighbours of MINE (the ones from Hallowe'en, attentive Gloady-ites) seem to attract is behind my recent bout of nightmares where I'm chased by a helicopter gunship through a burning house watching all my friends and family be burnt to death and shot into bloody chunks.

Not sure why I shared that.  Apart from sharing that nasty little nightmare with you in the hope it'll spread and be less likely to spend it's evenings at MY house.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever