Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 December, 2009, 04:33:14 PM
Just failed my driving test. Not in a killed a person way or I'll never do this kinda way but in a ho hum maybe next time. So strangely feeling more confident about my driving.

As hard as it may sound but the best way to pass is to relax and try to not get so wound up about it being an actual test. Like I said it's hard to do but that's the best way, honest.
Good luck for your next test Colin!

COMMANDO FORCES

My book from Mongoose arrived today and the postie woke me at 12:50 after 1 hours sleep, which was nice. I've had a quick scan through it and it looks fine but now I have to hand it to the wife to wrap for Christmas. £25 from the Book Depository, can't go wrong.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Been feeling terrible all day, runny nose, shivering and aches all over.

My computer got a nasty virus last night. In the end, I resorted to restoring it to its original state and so, I've spent all day reinstalling all the software I had.

On the bus home from town today a very drunk man started swearing at me for no reason at all.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy on 03 December, 2009, 08:01:09 PM
On the bus home from town today a very drunk man started swearing at me for no reason at all.

I bet that made the ride extremely uncomfortable. Do you say "please can you stop that" and get into an argument or do you ignore them, only for them to take offence because you are ignoring them!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 December, 2009, 08:25:45 PM
I bet that made the ride extremely uncomfortable. Do you say "please can you stop that" and get into an argument or do you ignore them, only for them to take offence because you are ignoring them!

I just put in my earphones and tried to ignore him. He moved on to insulting someone else after that. Through it all though, he never once raised his voice and said it all in a hushed manner.

TordelBack

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy on 03 December, 2009, 08:42:42 PM
Through it all though, he never once raised his voice and said it all in a hushed manner.

Oh keriste, they're the worst ones.  I once got stuck opposite one of those on the crowded night train from London Euston to Holyhead.  To escape, I put my head on the table and pretended to go asleep, whereupon he started debating with himself in the same angry half-whisper whether he should smash his bottle into my skull or not.  It's a long way to Wales.

Hope you feel better soon Gavin - must be a bad one if you managed to infect your computer too.

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 December, 2009, 05:29:50 PM
It's a pain, Colin, but If I'd passed my driving test the first time I would have been a very scary driver.

What he said. I am a much better driver for not having passed my driving test first time. Or second time, come to that.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

I reopened the scab on my shin and now there's blood all over my sheets.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Deadbeat absent students meant I had to fill in 20 withdrawal forms before leaving work today, meaning 2 hours of unpaid overtime, when I've got lots to do, a big weekend planned, sleep to catch up on (it's 2.40am) and a bus to catch tomorrow at 12.30pm.

>:(
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

It's at least 6.5 hours before I can have a showerbath.

Roger Godpleton

SmallBlueThing

I have my Internet on (obviously)- and have ONLY this board up at the moment. I just loaded a page, and my computer said- and I quote- "Oh my god, no way!". In a little, tinny, squeaky voice.

This disturbs me!

SBT

I, Cosh

There's a weird tacky substance on the edge of my mousemat. Either the gel wrist bit's burst or it's a very misplaced wank.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 04 December, 2009, 06:22:06 PM
... my computer said- and I quote- "Oh my god, no way!". In a little, tinny, squeaky voice.

It's one of those sidebar adverts for stupid talking smileys.  Drives me mad too.

COMMANDO FORCES

The Forces family are off to the 'Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway' today, to go on the Santa Ride. Anyway I thought I'd better clean the car up and hoover it out and all the little things you need to do, every 5 years.
Well just to make my day start well the windscreen jets were a bit weak so I cleaned them up with a pin but alas that didn't help, so I lifted the bonnet (hood for our US cousins). What a laugh, the rubber tube that joins a 'Y' connector to the two nozzles was corroded. I then had to shorten it so I could rejoin the bugger. Lets just say a small job became a 'FUCKING' big job as the rubber tube dissapeared into the bonnet. My fingers are too big to slip into gaps like that but after much forcing and blood escaping from them I managed to do it. Life is strange like that.
Anyway we can now pick up Granny and Grandad and be on our way, whoopie do!

All this because of Santa, Damn you Santa!