Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wild-seven

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 19 January, 2010, 09:01:19 PM
I fucking hate Gok Wan.
He's a patronising cunt and having to watch him move his exploitation wagon on to the disabled has made me quite annoyed.

As a lady person I find his apparent inability to say the word 'breasts' and subsequent replacement of it with childish slang terms exceptionally irritating
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Tiplodocus

Well some of those sentiments about Gok are indeed understandable.

I do, however, like his ability to (seemingly) uplift people without the need for surgery, liposuction, botox etc. and without the need for the latest mega must have fashion accessories which most makeover shows tend to insist upon.  He does give the impression of trying to see the inner you and make the most of what you've got.

At least that's my impression from catching a couple of shows so possibly all wrong.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Fucknuggets.

I'm not going to be able to make HI-EX this year after all.

1001 things have just piled outgoing upon cost upon outgoing and I can't really justify a £200 weekend for just little old me.

I'll start a layaway plan for next year.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

I like his warmth and humanity. But I've seen enough of Gok Wan to last a lifetime, so can't imagine myself ever needing to see another of his programmes.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Cock Wank is only annoying to us men because he gets paid for doing what we all want to do, go around feeling women's tits.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

The kitchen/bathroom work is progressing slowly - I've found out why it's scheduled to take so long - it's because there's one job per day scheduled, that all need to be done in order. Sometimes they show up at 8 and the job only takes half an hour and that's it for the day. None of the workmen know anything about any of the other workmen or jobs and the system seems to be breaking down already (it's only day 4).

Today was supposed to be demolishing the brick and concrete built-in cupboards, but they sent a joiner who was expecting to be ripping out kitchen units (which was done on day 1). Just as well really, as I'm off work feeling like death and was not looking forward to drilling and chiselling all day. They may be back later, it's anybody's guess.

Banners

Air Miles want to charge me £30 to cash in my miles.

M@

Bolt-01

Tips- that's shit, was looking forward to catching up with you.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 19 January, 2010, 10:20:21 PM
Fucknuggets.

I'm not going to be able to make HI-EX this year after all.

1001 things have just piled outgoing upon cost upon outgoing and I can't really justify a £200 weekend for just little old me.

I'll start a layaway plan for next year.

That's a shame, how about a day trip? Come dressed as the terminator to get in free, bring sanies, cadge drinks(I'd buy you a couple), the train's less than £20 or Megabus for a quid ? sell some of that merchendise on ebay!!

Come on peoples we can sort this!
DDT did a job on me

Noisybast

Last week, in an effort to finally watch the tail end of Battlestar Galactica, I ordered Razor, Season 4 and The Final Season. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Razor is actually on disc 1 of the Season 4 box set, rendering the standalone disc rather pointless. Cockbiscuits. Ah well, at least I only paid three quid-odd for it.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Noisybast on 20 January, 2010, 03:43:09 PM
Last week, in an effort to finally watch the tail end of Battlestar Galactica, I ordered Razor, Season 4 and The Final Season. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Razor is actually on disc 1 of the Season 4 box set, rendering the standalone disc rather pointless. Cockbiscuits. Ah well, at least I only paid three quid-odd for it.
Freaky coincidence time - I just ordered the season 4 and final season box sets today, I hadn't heard of Razor and almost ordered that too, but checked the customer reviews and found it was included. I almost ordered Galactica 1980 by mistake though, cos it seemed to have a picture of the new ship on the cover. Then I actually noticed the date in the title.

I've just today got to the end of a marathon trawl through seasons 1-3, and now I'm off to cut the corners off all my books and papers.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 January, 2010, 03:56:12 PM
now I'm off to cut the corners off all my books and papers.

I always thought how environmentally unfriendly when I saw all those items with the corners cut off.
Perhaps they had the prices on each corner, you know like the old annuals ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

I just watched that Santander advert with Lewis Hamilton and the Lego bridge. WHY was he not wearing a hard hat on that bloody building site, where are Health and Safety when you need them!

Jared Katooie

I was all set to watch Idiocracy, but my DVD player won't play it. I didn't want to see it as much as Sword of Vengeance (which also didn't work) but I'm still pretty dissapointed.

TordelBack

One burst condom = €75 down the drain (morning after pill (€15) has to be prescribed by a doctor (€60) in this tin-pot jurisdiction).  I'd like to see the government's cost benefit analysis on that approach to 'family planning'.  Ah well, i suppose it's XXL for me from now on.