Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Our last morning at the Andover house saw me going light with some massive white bread toast and a pain o chocolate. I prefer these warm (like everyone else) but cold pastry with a block of chocolate inside is nice too. Bread was good but if I knew I was going to be soaked £3.75 for it I would have added a pound of bacon to take away!

The short hop to Cromer saw us lunching at a nice pub overlooking the sea and pier. Better still was the dead end outside the window which due to inadequate signage saw a lot of cars come barreling in before sheepishly backing out. Great entertainment. I am having a nice pint of real ale and a fish finger sandwich. In reality it was more of a fish goujon sandwich but you can't fault them for going for the populist vote.

Satanist

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 17 September, 2015, 02:00:21 PM
Gees, u eat very well, better than I do.

He gets most of it in his mouth now and can also use a knife and fork.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Buttonman

I'll just close out this fine day and shirt. Shockingly I forgot my camera so the wife had to take the following snaps on her mobile. She sent them on to me by WhatsApp and I have no idea why one appears all squahed - maybe it lost the will to live!

Anyway this is the evening meal at our hotel The White Horse in Branchester

I had the steak which was very nice - 'medium with no blood' which was well executed as the brown fluid will attest. Nice cut of meat with not a hint of gristle. Nice veg and Jenga chips.

The wife was torn over the pudding options so chose to have them all. These were all very pleasant, at least that's what she told me...

von Boom

Clearly your wife's mobile sees into your future after eating all those puds. :)

Dandontdare

did you throw up on that blue shirt before dinner?

Zarjazzer

he has assumed his true form in that last piccy.   :o

all nice but that fish finger/goujon sarny looked the business.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Buttonman

Moving along the coats now to Brancaster Staithe where you'll find the lovely White Horse. The bespoke cooked breakfast was lovely but special mention has to go to the mini jars of Nutella - none of your trays here! The fry was very nice and the sausage worthy of special mention as it were very nice.

For lunch we headed up the coast to the strangely named town Wells Next the Sea. This was a nice pub lunch and I can be seen lifting a plate containing a cheese and ham toastie. Very nice it were too with a tangy sharp cheese ofset with the ham which was a crisp Parma type variety.

For our evening repast we walked down the rod from our hotel to a place called The Jolly Sailors - I didn't see any sailors, jolly or otherwise, but the beef taco pizza was most tasty. I know Tom will suggest someone has done something over my pizza but it simply wasn't the case (as far as I know).

Buttonman

Healthy breakfast now at the White horse with some granola, natural yogurt and some raisins.

Followed by some Weetabix and dried fruit.

After a quick stop at a farm to pick out tonight's dinner...

We lunched at the 2015 Pub of the Year, The Rose and Crown where I had the pork belly with a coriander mash. This was possibly the best meal of the holiday - follow the link for the full blow by blow!

ZenArcade

Some top shirts on show here. I especially admire the embroidered linsey woolsy number....straight from the 'Outlaw Josey Wells' wardrobe sale. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: ZenArcade on 20 September, 2015, 02:33:03 PM
Some top shirts on show here. I especially admire the embroidered linsey woolsy number....straight from the 'Outlaw Josey Wells' wardrobe sale. Z

Straight from my mum's wardrobe in the 70s, more like.
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

Yeah she said I could take it once I'd finished wiping my d*ck on the curtains!

Actually I got it at Joe Browns. In the sale!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Buttonman on 20 September, 2015, 09:18:31 PM

Men's section, or the women's?
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 21 September, 2015, 12:08:43 AM

Just plain sectioned.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tordelback on 21 September, 2015, 07:35:35 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 21 September, 2015, 12:08:43 AM

Just plain sectioned.

I'll counter sign that

Dr Huff
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 20 September, 2015, 10:34:34 AM
After a quick stop at a farm to pick out tonight's dinner...

Probably not the best day for this kind of pic to be circulating the web.