Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

After an upsetting few weeks, the familiar things of the Board are back in their comfortable places.

von Boom

You never realise how much you miss this thread until it resurfaces, do you?

Nice stuff BM.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tordelback on 22 June, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
After an upsetting few weeks, the familiar things of the Board are back in their comfortable places.

What have I missed?  :o
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

meanwhile Butt'man go see the doc about your 'runny patatas' I'm worried you pull out of Comic Con.
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

About to say the same Proudhuff, I haven't been on too much recently.  I am aware of the sad loss of the great WR Logan  :'( ;Thryll Seekers banishment into the OZ radback for ever seemingly  :(; the necessary demise of the Belfast 2000AD Discussion Group (and subsequent replacement by the shiny new Sector House 13 - The Pit  :D) .  What else has happened? Z.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Buttonman

Thanks fellas, rest assured in this tumultuous world you can rely on me to stuff my fat face.

That massive lunch meant we didn't head out for dinner until after nine and this being Britain it mean the only place that was still open was the Wetherspoons. I had the 'Gourmet' burger which was selling most gourmands a bit short as it was basically a burger with a bit of blue cheese. Still for 8 quid including a Dead Pony IPA you can't complain. Only ate one of those onion rings as they were too greasy.

And so to breakfast at The Lounge. Despite being over a pub the hotel had its own breakfast room and they cooked their fine British Isles breakfast to order. This was great with a thick and meaty sausage (missus) and a cracking square of black pudding. I also had their fine berries compote with thick Greek yogurt and two thick slices of granary toast. Buuurp!

von Boom

Were you out to dinner with J.J. Abrams? That lens flare looks suspiciously like his work.

Still burger, chips, beer. Not much wrong with that. The breakfast is missing mushrooms and tomatoes though.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Colin YNWA

That looks a very healthy slice if black puddin'. Can never have too much black puddin' in my world.

I'm more pleased to see the head tilt eye brow smile is back on full form at its consistant best, after some sub-par camera smilin' of late.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Buttonman on 21 June, 2016, 10:34:26 PM
We stayed at The Lounge in Penrith and very nice it was too. We had lunch here on our first day and enjoyed four of their meze plates.

Pfft call that a meze plate?  Here's ours in a taverna in a little village in the hills above Plakias with stunning sea views:

:-*

(and I'm still on holiday - yah boo sucks to you  :lol:)

I, Cosh

That is definitely a stunning sea view. What did you have for tea?
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 June, 2016, 09:37:20 PM

I'm more pleased to see the head tilt eye brow smile is back on full form at its consistant best, after some sub-par camera smilin' of late.

This ^^^
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Phil, is that your dinner or something salvaged out of a distressed hedgerow?

Kept it simple on this trip with some top notch pub grub. Here's me with a hearty lasagne in the General Wolf in Penrith. Massive portion and nicely messy over the side of the bowl. Nice lumps of mince and fat chips that soaked up the vinegar and brown sauce. The wife had a home made chicken Kiev which was cracking and that I was only allowed a wee bit of.

Buttonman

Whitby now and a nice fish tea. Batter crispy as expected and nice firm cod. Chips were more like wedges with skin on but nice they were with the beans which I took ahead of the standard mushy peas. Good deal or £10 and a splendid view over the swing bridge.

Colin YNWA

I never get the whole baked beans with fish and chips thing. I think its been discussed in these parts before but its just wrong. Get some mushy peas man.