Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I swear you should be pitching this stuff to a newspaper.

TordelBack

Quote from: Trout on 08 March, 2017, 03:32:43 AM
I swear you should be pitching this stuff to a newspaper. Just not my newspaper.

FTFY

Buttonman

I swear you should be pitching this stuff to a newspaper.

I'll appoint you my agent Mike - 5% cut and all the prawn crackers you can manage.

Last meal of the holiday! This time we went to a Chinese that my wife liked as they had the biggest vases she had ever seen.

Here's me with the salt and chilli ribs - bit strange in that they were cubed but none the worse for it - fall off the bone, tooth picking loveliness.

For main I had the always dependable beef in black beans sauce with peppers. It was sizzling so much the bemused waiter almost laughed when I said 'Could you heat that up a bit mate?' My beer had run dry but a nice frosty replacement pint of Tropical soon followed.

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 March, 2017, 06:40:14 AM
I swear you should be pitching this stuff to a newspaper. Just not my newspaper.

FTFY

Thank you. That saved me some embarrassment.

Seriously, BM. You should pitch this to your local paper. Just send a link to this thread and a three-sentence description of the idea. I doubt they'd pay much, but they could get you into posh restaurants.

Just a thought.  :D

Proudhuff

He's from Paisley, they don't have Posh restaurants!
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 March, 2017, 12:39:03 PM

Clearly you haven't been to Hamish's Hoose!

Thanks Mike - one to ponder - I know our own Grant Goggins food blogs at a decent level - I like to think mine are a bit more gonzo and could only be ruined by corporate fatcats looking for endorsements for chips!

von Boom

Quote from: Buttonman on 09 March, 2017, 08:12:47 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 March, 2017, 12:39:03 PM

Clearly you haven't been to Hamish's Hoose!

Thanks Mike - one to ponder - I know our own Grant Goggins food blogs at a decent level - I like to think mine are a bit more gonzo and could only be ruined by corporate fatcats looking for endorsements for chips!

Hey, don't be so quick to dismiss. Now that they can grow potatoes on Mars you could be the first interplanetary celebrity!

Buttonman

Bolt (somewhat rudely!) asked for some 40th Birthday pics in the hope he could see something of interest in the background. Well here you go Dave - no doubt the background will be as dull as the foreground!

This is lunch at the hosting hotel. I know some anoraks will cry foul at me both wasting time eating and spending cash that could be spent on Slaine underpants, but I need my grub. The nice Spanish waitress followed me until I found a spot at the Scowlin Monkey table and waited as I tried to find a mid priced lunch. Their pasta won the day and I plumped for a fusili ragu (£11) - very nice it was too. There was a near disaster as the pasta nearly escaped from the plate during the plate tilt. I blame showing off to my audience.

Here's an exciting new feature to the thread - What I ate on my holidays...with a fellow boarder'. First up is Satanist who enjoyed the excitement. He said "This is definitely the highlight of the day. Actually, of my life".

Having spent all my cash on some t-shirts and a 'Cry of the Werewolf' mug that was cracked when I got it home, Bad City Blue and I repaired to the local Wetherspoons for our evening meal. Despite it's Hammersmith location £6 bought a bottle of beer and a good Chicken Caesar salad. Plenty of meat and a decent sauce. Croutons were just chopped up toast but you can't complain. You can try, but no one cares.

Sadly no one was handy for a photo so the breakfast at the hotel went untilted. I did however photograph the tasty cold porridge stuff along with the fruit and yogurt and the unavoidable fry up.

Theblazeuk

I've eaten in that Spoons! It's like being close to the stars themselves.

Satanist

Quote from: Buttonman on 09 March, 2017, 08:33:39 PM
First up is Satanist who enjoyed the excitement. He said "This is definitely the highlight of the day. Actually, of my life".

Its true, all of it, it goes...

1-Photo with Buttonman and his plate
2-Meeting John and Carlos
3-Birth of my kids

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Fungus

Quote from: Satanist on 10 March, 2017, 12:16:39 PM
1-Photo with Buttonman and his plate
2-Meeting John and Carlos
3-Birth of my kids

Sounds like a helluva day.

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 09 March, 2017, 08:33:39 PM

Satanist!

You sat at the same table as me and the missus for a late afternoon pint and I didn't even know it was you.
::)

Trout

Do you take requests? I'd love to see you take on a chili challenge! Failing that, I would enjoy seeing you photographed tilting a bowl of oxtail soup.

You should Patreon this shit.

- Trout

Buttonman

Oh no! Just when I get up to date. Fear not, a 2 day sojourn awaits in Perth in May as does a week in Barcelona in August.

Proudhuff

NOOO! you two timing wee toerag!
DDT did a job on me