Main Menu

Nintendo SNES Mini

Started by Link Prime, 26 June, 2017, 05:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I do hope these things aren't delaying the Virtual Console. It'd be a pain to have to wait for an N64 Classic and a GameCube classic before I can buy stuff on me Switch.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

So pissed off that these pre-orders came and went while I was on holiday
Lock up your spoons!

JamesC

There's an online stock checker which will send you an alert when someone has stock. Argos had some at 0730 this morning.

JLC

One of those things that a lot of people will buy then, couple months later will be gathering dust on top of the wardrobe

Third Estate Ned

Depends on how much people a willing to shell out for what they view as a short-term novelty. I had this doubt at the back of my mind after I hit the "pay now" button because I couldn't justify the expense if I'd only be using it for a couple of months. But I don't think it will be gathering dust soon (providing the pre-order is upheld).

As someone who never buys current games or consoles, the cost would be a motivator in getting the most out of it after the novelty/nostalgic thrill has worn off. Second, look at the list of games included. There are games that have massive replay value, as well as those which give back the more you put in (Zelda, Mana). I personally could play Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts again and again for the foreseeable future.

radiator

Managed to get one pre-ordered last night. Hoping to flip it on eBay when it arrives and buy a UK PAL version from another eBay scalper with the proceeds...

Yes, it's silly, but the US SNES is so damn ugly.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I managed to order one from a Game store. £50 deposit! Not sure whether to scalp it or keep it. So torn.
Lock up your spoons!

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 22 August, 2017, 05:11:45 PM

Pffffft...typical Radiator whinging...

< Googles American SNES Transformer Scrotum >

Jesus.

radiator

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 August, 2017, 10:44:01 PM
Quote from: radiator on 22 August, 2017, 05:11:45 PM

Pffffft...typical Radiator whinging...

< Googles American SNES Transformer Scrotum >

Jesus.

I've had arguments with Americans about it. There's no getting around it, the PAL SNES/Super Famicom is a design classic and the US SNES is a monstrosity. It doesn't even have the primary colour face button motif, they're all garish shades of mauve. Even the US SNES cartridges are boxy and ugly.

Third Estate Ned

I have it in my hands, it really is mini. I can't wait to plug it in tonight but first impressions are that it looks great, aesthetically.

P.S. I hate innuendo.

Satanist

Got mine and have mates coming round for some Mario Kart and Beer tonight, its just like old times  :D

Mrs is away this weekend so will start on Marioworld tomorrow.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

James Stacey

Mine is in hand. What an awesome looking little fellah he is too. So glad we got the proper super famicom design not the dog ugly colonial one.

radiator

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 September, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
Mine is in hand. What an awesome looking little fellah he is too. So glad we got the proper super famicom design not the dog ugly colonial one.

Yep. I've ordered a PAL one from a seller in Germany. Hoping I can sell my US one to cover the cost. It means having to wait another couple of weeks, but worth it.

Are the UK/European versions of games included - ie Super Probotector instead of Contra III?

JamesC

Quote from: radiator on 29 September, 2017, 05:51:38 PM

Yep. I've ordered a PAL one from a seller in Germany. Hoping I can sell my US one to cover the cost. It means having to wait another couple of weeks, but worth it.

Are the UK/European versions of games included - ie Super Probotector instead of Contra III?

All US versions. On the box the U.K. titles are beneath the US titles in very small writing and in brackets. That's the only nod to the PAL versions that I can see.

radiator

Quote from: JamesC on 29 September, 2017, 06:15:40 PM
Quote from: radiator on 29 September, 2017, 05:51:38 PM

All US versions. On the box the U.K. titles are beneath the US titles in very small writing and in brackets. That's the only nod to the PAL versions that I can see.

Cool. Interesting that the PAL version technically has two more 'never released' games in addition to Star Fox 2, as Earthbound and Final Fantasy III/IV were never released on the SNES in Europe!