Main Menu

"Bryan Talbot Returns To Judge Dredd – And This Time He’s Bringing His Son"

Started by Molch-R, 14 March, 2011, 01:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Good to see Talbot back in the prog, his Nemesis work is pure class... not sure about the digital colouring though.

On a side note... isn't this the type of story that should get announced on the official 2000ad website first... seems odd that 2000ad is linking to a story on another website about 2000ad??

Just a thought.

(of course, if this has already been announced here then feel free to give me a swift boot in the klinks)

Molch-R

Mikey

Excellent news! The colouring job on the samples makes it look very 3d - could work well imo.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

SmallBlueThing

That looks... fantastic. But about as far from Bryan Talbot as you're likely to get! I'm a little dumbstruck seeing that; I've come to love Talbot's work over the years (despite never having read Luther Arkwright and thinking The Gothic Empire "not as good as Kevin O'Neill" back when it was published in the prog) and the annual Grandvilles are now something I look forward to almost as much as Christmas (which is when I get them. For myself.) But this is a whole new thing. It looks, at first glance, very much like a video game, but I can't base much on two panels.

Glad to see that someone I respect greatly is still surprising me. And a Michael Carroll strip, too. Jolly good.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Class. Seems to be a little thing going on of getting old school stars back in the prog at the moment. Long may it continue, I can send a list of requests!

Also good Mike Carroll of these parts getting some more Dredd's in. Really enjoyed the ones he did earlier. Must be very exciting to have such a great drawing your stories.

Spaceghost

YAY Bryan Talbot! One of my favourite artists of all time. That looks stunning, very cinematic.

I don't usually like computery art too much, I'm more of a pen/ink/paper sort of old-fashioned sod but that looks like it's going to be gorgeous.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Buddy

mygrimmbrother

Sorry, don't like the look of that. You can tell his son's from a video game background.

comicgeek

Bryan Talbot returning to 2000AD? Wow! His Nemesis artwork was incredible!

Just hope he doesn't give Dredd a small chin!  :P

In the last few months we've had Brendan McCarthy and Liam Sharp return to Dredd. How about Steve Dillon next?  :)

Mike Carroll

Good gravy... That's the first I've heard about this!  :P

So, one of my all-time favourite artists is teaming up with my all-time favourite me - I'm actually having heart palpitations...

-- Mike

comicgeek

Just read that Dredd has a son!

QuoteJudge Dredd – And This Time He's Bringing His Son

This is a shocking development. I hope Joe Jnr isn't a wimp like his dad.  :lol:

Spaceghost

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 14 March, 2011, 02:37:13 PM

So, one of my all-time favourite artists is teaming up with my all-time favourite me - I'm actually having heart palpitations...

-- Mike

Ha Ha! That's brilliant. You'd have thought they'd have told you first.

I know it's supposed to be an exclusive, but even so...
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Van Dom

Holy crapoly! That's great news! One of my fave artists of yesteryear. Bring it on!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

James Stacey

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 14 March, 2011, 02:37:13 PM

-- Mike

Your CV of artists who have worked on your scripts is looking impressive already. :)

David Roach mentioned working on your black museum script and how enjoyable it was at the Cardiff comic con btw.