Main Menu

Howyez

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 04 May, 2020, 10:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Hello again.  Hadn't checked in in a long time, but when I did, I saw that Funt Solo had sent me a PM to see if I was ok.  I was almost moved to tears and remembered what a great place this forum is.

I replied to Funt by PM, but just to explain, I was kind of shellshocked for a few weeks by all the sudden changes brought on by Covid 19 and really wasn't in much of a mood to talk about it here, or to chat about anything else for that matter.  Since then, I've got used to the whole thing (mainly after realising that my elderly parents are being very careful and that my employer has found a way for us to work online) but got out of the habit of posting here.

So I really think I should come back - after all I've been on the forum nearly 20 fecking years now. Hope you're all coping ok.  I haven't read the prog in a few weeks.  Really ought to catch up.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Welcome back, JBC. I always think of you as part of the firmament and me just a day tripper.

While we're on the topic of missing boarders, I'm also hoping the Shark is okay - I was a bit of an intransigent arse to him and he's not been around for a while.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Welcome back.  When this is all over, Rackle and me are going to take a trip across the sea - shall be delighted to have a pint with you while over there.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, guys.  Funt, you're as much a part of the furniture firmament here as I am, and Sheridan, I can't wait for a pint with you and Rackle!

Didn't realise the Shark was MIA too; really hope he's ok.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Good to see you back online, Jayzus.  Strange days.

Bolt-01

Welcome back JBC and I'll confirm that as of a fortnight ago that shark was okay.

He's having a little time offline.

If any other boarders, past or present, read this and want to let folk know they are still around - feel free.

von Boom

Hi ya, JBC. Glad to see you back.

JayzusB.Christ

Cheers, Von Boom!

Nice to be back.  Also good to hear the Shark is most likely safe and well.

Colin YNWA

Sorry late to the party... if party it is... anyway welcome back onaboard and may it be fine sailing from here.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 May, 2020, 12:34:20 PM
Sorry late to the party... if party it is... anyway welcome back onaboard and may it be fine sailing from here.

Thank you! (When I get my boat's ignition switch fixed it definitely will be.)