Main Menu

Incredibles DVD

Started by Noisybast, 17 March, 2005, 10:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

The cinema has become a reluctant experience for me.

Over-priced, crass, garish soul-less places, where after avoiding the obstacle course of Burberry-clad children spitting at their feet, one has to struggle through more anti-social behaviour of people not only answering their mobiles, but actually making calls!

With DVDs being so cheap and quick to release, the full-screen experience hardly seems worth worth it any more.

M@ (collecting pension soon)

The Monarch

?8 99 if you trade in two dvds at blockbuster (not sure if its just my local though) and yes the two that i traded in ares ones that i will not miss.

IndigoPrime

:: Over-priced, crass, garish soul-less places

Apart from Ster Century. If you have one near you, go there.

Richmond Clements

So who's got it?
I've seen it four times since yesterday afternoon, and it's still bloody great.
Edna Mode is a creation of total genius. The extra cartoons are lovely too, the Jack Jack one cleverly filling in a blank in the main movie, and the spoof Mr Incredible cartoon in the style of the old Spider-man one is quite fantastic.

The Monarch

the spoof cartoon is even funnier if you listen to the spoof commentary by the "real" frozone and mr incredible.

"They made me a white guy?"

"you're black...ish"

Buddy

It was always three years from Cinema to (terrestrial) TV for movies when I was a kid

When I was a kid it took 7 years for a film to get to terrestrial TV.

And buying a film on video would set you back about 70 quid. That's not a video player, that's a video MOVIE.

One of the first to break this tradition was Raiders of the Lost Ark on video. It came in at about 14.99. After that prices droped considerably.

The Increadibles is great, it's a true testement to a films quality when you look forward to buying the DVD on reliese even though you've had a hooky copy for ages.

I also recommend the tenth annaiverery release of The Shawshank Redemption, great stuff.

Bolt-01

The whole Bolt clan watched this on the plane back from Florida and loved it yet again.

The DVD was a simultaneous launch with the states (where it was retailing for $14.99 IIRC) so that might account for the quick turnaround from the cinema. It was released on the cinema over here after the states I think.

Top film and Toms fave character is the mighty FroZone!

Bolt-01

Oddboy

Hurrah! for Tharg!

Tharg just emailed me a link to get Incredibles DVD for ?2.99!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

Gah!  Hang on - "Further purchases necessary" - arrrgh noooo!
Better set your phaser to stun.

longmanshort

Further purchases necessary

What?! Where the hell did it say THAT?!?!?!?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

paulvonscott

Yeah, didn't take me long to spot that, plus it's very difficult to find out what these purchases actually are.  Somewhere in the rather tedious terms and conditions you find you have to buy 6 DVD's at their price (whatever that is).

It's misleading to the point of being a scam, and anyway, it's the same deal book clubs run (never join a book club) and as such I've reported it as the spam it is.  I'm pretty pissed off at recieving junk like this from Tharg in my inbox.

longmanshort

bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks

longmanshort needs to get home RIGHT this minute to cancel something ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

paulvonscott

Haw-Haw.  It's funny coz it's Mike, but this could happen to anyone!

Still Mike, they do have a cooling off period:

"You may cancel your Channel account by writing to us within 10 days of receiving your product and as long as you return the product unopened, we will refund the money you have paid in full"

And here are those terms and conditions again:

Terms and Conditions

1. What the words mean

In these Terms and Conditions:

"you" means anyone applying to open a Channel account or whose application has been accepted;

"we, us" means UGD UK Limited or any company to which UGD UK Ltd has transferred its rights;

"Agreed Period" means the period in which you have to complete your Channel Agreement, as specified in Condition 4 below;

"Agreement Fee" means the amount we can charge you if you do not fulfil the Channel Agreement or if you cancel your Channel account as explained in Condition 4;

"Channel Agreement" means the number of Products you have to buy, described in Condition 4 below;

?Channel Selection? - A product which the we recommend and which will be sent to you if you have not purchased a Channel price recording during any quarter of your agreement and which you will be charged for.

"Channel Price" means the normal price for Products as shown in the Channel catalogue or on the Channel Website;

"Channel Website" means www.channel.com;
"Agreed Period" means the period in which you have to complete your Channel Agreement, as specified in Condition 4 below;

"Minimum Term" means the time from the date your Channel account is opened until you fulfil your Channel Agreement;

"Opening Offer" means the offer you accept to open your Channel account;

"Products" means all the compact discs, DVDs and videos we supply, and any other formats we might supply in the future;

"Voucher" means any voucher or coupon we provide as part of any Channel offer.

2. Terms and Conditions

2.1 These Terms and Conditions apply as soon as we accept your application for a Channel account. We'll let you know before we make any changes to them. These may include a change of Channel's name or structure, but won't affect the fulfilment of your Channel Agreement.

2.2 As a Channel customer you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.

3. Becoming a Channel customer

3.1 To open a Channel account you must be at least 18 years old with a permanent home address in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.

3.2 You can't transfer your Channel account to anyone else or let anyone else use your account to buy products from us.

3.3 We screen all applications for a Channel account and might not accept yours. If we don't accept it we'll return any money you've sent. We don't process card payments until we've accepted an application.

3.4 You can cancel your Channel account after joining and within 10 working days of receiving your Opening Offer. To do this you need to write to us at the address shown in condition 16. Otherwise your account will stay open until it's cancelled and you will have to meet your obligations under the Channel Agreement as explained in Condition 4 below.

3.5 In the event that you fail to return the Opening Offer Products (at your expense) we will seek to recover the full cost of the Opening Offer and any associated postage and packing. The goods must be returned to us with all shrink wrap and packaging unopened.

3.6 If you purchase other Products before we are able to send you the Opening Offer (for example where the Opening Offer contains pre-release Products which are not available at the time of order) you may still cancel your Channel account without having to meet your obligations under the Channel Agreement in accordance with conditions 3.4 and 3.5 above.

3.7 You should let us know if you change your address as soon as you can.

4. The Channel Agreement - what you have to do

4.1 As a Channel customer, you have to buy at least 6 Products at the Channel Price.
You must buy at least one of those six Products every three months after you join. If you fail to fulfil this agreement by not selecting a Product in any one period of three months, you will then automatically agree to receive a Channel selection which we think matches your preferences in music or film taste. Your account will then be charged for the Channel selection which is sent to you.

NB: The Opening Offer, free items, sale or promotional price or loyalty price Products don't count towards the Channel Agreement.

4.2 If you don't buy 6 Products at the Channel Price within the time period set out in paragraph 4.1 above, or if you cancel your Channel account before you've bought 6 Products at the Channel Price, you'll be liable to an Agreement Fee of ?25. This covers the value of the discount received for your account Opening Offer plus the costs associated with setting up and maintaining your Channel account.

4.3 If you opened a Channel account via a "free Products plus Vouchers" offer, Products you buy with the Vouchers won't count towards the Channel Agreement. If you then don't fulfil the Channel Agreement or cancel your account before buying 6 Products at the Channel Price within the agreed Period, you'll be liable to an Agreement Fee of ?25. This covers the value of the discount received for your account Opening Offer plus the costs associated with setting up and maintaining your Channel account.

5. The benefits of a Channel Account - loyalty pays

5.1 Once you've bought 6 Products at the Channel Price within the agreed Period, you won't be charged any postage & packing on any future orders (unless your opening offer included free delivery for life).

5.2 You'll continue to get these benefits if you buy at least 3 Products in each 12 months after you've fulfilled the Channel Agreement.

6. Orders

6.1 You can place orders as described in the Channel catalogue or on the Channel Website.

6.2 We'll send orders as soon as possible, unless we let you know that we can't, for example if an item is out of stock or if you are pre-ordering a Product that is not yet available.

6.3 You must pay with your order and we will process the payment on receipt of the order. Your name and account number must accompany payments so that we can process them correctly. Please write your Channel account number on the back of cheques.

6.4 The cost of Products and information on how to pay is shown in the Channel catalogue and on the Channel Website.

6.5 As a Channel customer you'll be charged for postage & packing (at the following rates: ?1 for a single item; ?2 for multiple items ordered at the same time) until you've fulfilled the Channel Agreement. Then postage & packing will be free, subject to condition 5.2 above. If your offer included free delivery for life this clause does not apply.
6.6 We'll send a delivery note with your order confirming the cost of the Products.

7. Returns

7.1 You can return any Products within 30 days of receipt, EXCEPT those that are part of the Opening Offer or Products sent out before the Opening Offer. These must be returned within 10 working days if you decide you wish to cancel your Channel account. As long as you return Products within these time limits and you've not removed the shrink wrap, we'll credit your account with the cost of the Products, or return your payment if you are cancelling your Channel account. We're not liable for the cost of returning Products. We'll charge a ?10 administration fee to cover our processing and administration costs if you don't return unwanted Products within the time allowed, or if the shrink wrap has been removed.

7.2 If a Product is faulty or damaged on delivery, you must return it within 30 days, together with a description of the fault or damage and the information we ask for on the delivery note.

7.3 We are only liable for faults or damage that happen before delivery. In which case, we'll provide a replacement or a refund (dependent on which you ask for) and send it to you as soon as possible. We'll charge a ?10 administration fee to cover our processing and administration costs if we don't accept liability for the faults or damage.

7.4 If, by mistake, we send a Product or Products that were not on your original order you should return these within 30 days and without removing the shrink wrap and we'll send you the correct ones.

7.5 Condition 7 doesn't affect your legal rights in any way.

7.6 You should get a proof of posting from the Post Office for anything you return to us and keep it safe in case of query.

8. Legal costs and charges for late payments

8.1 If you've fulfilled the Channel Agreement but haven't paid the total balance on any statement within the set time,
you'll be liable to a late payment fee of ?5. If your payment is rejected for any reason, (by way of example only, if your cheque bounces) you'll be liable to an administration fee of ?10 to cover the processing and administration costs we incur. We reserve the right to alter these amounts. You'll only have to pay this if you don't pay the closing balance on the overdue statement by the date on our notification. If you haven't fulfilled the Channel Agreement and haven't paid the total balance on a statement by the date on our notification, you'll be liable to pay the Agreement Fee described under Condition 4.

8.2 Unless prevented by the Civil Procedure Rules 1998, if we start any court proceedings to recover money owed by you to us to legally enforce our rights under these Terms and Conditions, you'll have to pay all reasonable and legitimate costs and expenses we incur for any advice we receive on the proceedings. You'll also have to pay any court fees we've had to pay. Your liability for these costs and expenses is separate from any order the court makes for costs to be paid.

9. Undelivered Products
If we don't deliver something you've paid for, you should contact our Customer Services Department on 0870 78 78 111 as soon as possible.

10. Cancelling your Channel account

10.1 We may cancel your Channel account at any time by sending 7 days' written notice to the last address we have for you.

10.2 You can cancel your Channel account by writing to our Customer Services Department at the address in Condition 16.

10.3 If you cancel your Channel account before the Minimum Term you'll be liable to an Agreement Fee, described in Condition 4.

11. Data protection - information about you

11.1 We handle any information we have about you under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. When you apply for a Channel account you give us permission to give your details to credit reference agencies and to receive and hold information about you from them. These agencies may record details of our enquiry and their reply. We may also give details of how you manage your account to credit reference agencies and to other companies within our group. This information may be used to assess future credit applications, occasionally to trace debts and prevent fraud and, in the case of other companies within the group, to let you know about products or services of interest. We may also give your details to other companies with products or services we think might interest you.

11.2 If you don't want us to give your details to other companies for marketing please write to us at the address in Condition 16, quoting Department DPA.

11.3 For full details of how we use your data please read our Privacy Policy on the Channel Website, or write to us at the address in Condition 16, quoting Department DPA.

12. Intellectual property - copyright
Copyright laws apply to the Products we supply and to the artwork on the packaging. You'll be in breach of copyright law if you broadcast, copy or perform the material on the Products, or copy the artwork, without the copyright holder's permission.

13. Limitation of liability
Our liability to you for breaking any of these Terms and Conditions is limited to refunding any money you've already paid for Products that you haven't received or that you've returned within the agreed time scales and in the required condition. So far as the law allows, we won't be liable for any other loss or damages.

14. Unenforced Rights
If we choose not to exercise any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions, or we put off exercising them, this won't prevent us from exercising any of them in the future.

15. Separate Terms and Conditions
If any part of these Terms and Conditions can't be enforced, it will be considered dropped from the agreement between you and us, but all other Terms and Conditions will stay in force.

16. Contacting us
Contact our Customer Services Department at:

Channel
Roden Street, 60/70
Ilford, IG1 2XX

Telephone: 0871 222 0 111
E-mail: help@channel.com
Fax: 0871 222 0 777

17. Governing law
English law governs the agreement between you and us, described in these Terms and Conditions, and any dispute between us can only be settled by the courts of England and Wales.

Channel is a trading division of UGD UK Ltd.

Registered Office : Roden Street, 60/70 Ilford, IG1 2XX. Registered in England: 5338232
VAT number: 848 3544 96

Funtwangle

i had a britania account they tried the same thing
just dont answer any letters or send anything back
they get bored and leave you alone in the end
got 5 free cds out of that

Wils

I've not received this, but if I do, or I start getting similar shit in my inbox via Tharg, I shall be reporting it as spam as well and speedily removing myself from the mailing list.

Rigellion Hotshot for the Mighty One, methinks.