Main Menu

Accident Man!

Started by NapalmKev, 28 January, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Coming soon from Titan books - The Accident Man, complete collection.

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/coming-soon-from-titan-comics-the-complete-accident-man/

Looking forward to this.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

That was a Toxic! Title wasn't it? Looks good, i'll pop it on my wish list.

IndigoPrime

Yep—ex-Toxic. I've not read this in a long while, but I recall it being pretty good and a standout strip for the title. Mind you, it was, for the most part, surrounded by dross.

JamesC

There was some pretty dodgy artwork as I remember but I think the stories were pretty good.
I think the best one was the Atomic Press (is that the right name?) one-off (the same format as the Marshall Law: Kingdom of the Blind book).

Daveycandlish

I loved that - definitely one to buy
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Frank

It's one for all those who moan every time they detect Mills injecting politics into his stories. Despite the character gaining an activist girlfriend * and the strip featuring a David Icke analogue MP who has a breakdown in the Commons, it's one of the most cheerfully amoral things Mills has ever done. At the time, I rationalised it as his response to the commercial failure of the painfully right-on Crisis.

It's page after page of Mills and his mate coming up with clever and original ways of killing folk without making it look like murder, which was how me and my pals spent a lot of our time at school. I can remember thinking there was something familiar about the premise of an assassin who fakes accidents, but it wasn't until the Statham film The Mechanic was released that I realised I must have watched the Chuck Bronson film of the same name as a wee boy (thanks, Dad).

* who might as well be Lynne from Marshal Law

deadman1971

it is the Accident Man from toxic, Mike Fallon? if i remember. if it is, time to break out the wallet, loved that Character, and the way he disposed of people, my most memorable hit was killing a guy in his car by shooting his tyre out with a glass shard and i believe a high powered air rifle, causing the car to crash, awesome. if im wrong please tell me :)

Bazooka Joe

Anything John Erasmus has drawn is worth picking up. I'm unfamiliar with what Howard Chaykin drew though.

O Lucky Stevie!

Howie's only drawn the cover for this collection. Shipping this week from Diamond & on Stevie's LCS invoice. Oh boy!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Alski

230 pages? I loved the strip but had no idea they'd done so much of it.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

13school

I'm guessing it collects the three stories that ran in Toxic, plus the three issue series they did for Dark Horse comics later on where Mike goes to the US and, well, kills a lot more people in "accidents".