Main Menu

Season's Greetings - I have a question?

Started by JoeD, 13 December, 2019, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 December, 2019, 12:50:47 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 December, 2019, 03:09:48 AM
Frank would know.  :|

You're not wrong.  So is he gone for good?

What? Wait?! What did I miss? Has Frank Took The Long Walk???

TordelBack

More like Kraken's needle (without the exciting twist). It's not the same, but you can find him holding court in that abode of the half-dead (Facebook), along with lots of familiar faces, many we're the poorer for the absence of.

-shakes head sadly-

sheridan

Quote from: Rately on 17 December, 2019, 01:37:12 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 December, 2019, 12:50:47 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 December, 2019, 03:09:48 AM
Frank would know.  :|

You're not wrong.  So is he gone for good?

What? Wait?! What did I miss? Has Frank Took The Long Walk???

Reading between the lines, I think he got banned for posting an image which broke a few of the rules of the forum (and the art competition) - obscenity, something to do with offensive depictions of real people and other things that don't really fit in with the home page of those all-ages specials we're getting next year.

Rately

Thanks for the replies, lads!

Oh dear. Really don't know what to make of that, not having seen the post.

TordelBack

It was extremely good work, very funny and it seems none of the real world personages depicted were anything but flattered (Wells to an indecent degree). But it was very OOP for the advent thread, which previously stopped just past fart jokes and pictures of 2000AD characters weeing themselves: TPTB were right to remove it, but an outright ban of such a prolific contributor to the firum seems unnecessary (says I l, not aware of any BTS argybargy).

You can see it on the 2000AD Megaverse Facebook page.

Rately

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 December, 2019, 02:02:19 PM
It was extremely good work, very funny and it seems none of the real world personages depicted were anything but flattered (Wells to an indecent degree). But it was very OOP for the advent thread, which previously stopped just past fart jokes and pictures of 2000AD characters weeing themselves: TPTB were right to remove it, but an outright ban of such a prolific contributor to the firum seems unnecessary (says I l, not aware of any BTS argybargy).

You can see it on the 2000AD Megaverse Facebook page.

Just seen it!  :-[ :lol:

maryanddavid

Asked Kelvin, he said he couldn't remember exactly, but probably by Doug Church, with the involvement of IPC's Central Art Department.

ZenArcade

Awwww F##k, tell me they didn't shit-can our Sauchie!! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

AlexF

Man, I'll miss Frank if he's truly gone.  :(
Nothing helpful to say about the stickers, except it doesn't look at all like O'Neill's style. Makes sense if it was Doug Church, and I wish I'd been alive in 1977 to buy the comic so I could attach those suckers to my body!

karlos

The Legendary Shark

They didn't last long if you had hairy arms and a brother with a fondness for water bombs.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I wonder if anyone's ever had tattoos of the biotronic stickers.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]