Main Menu

Kid-Knee Caper vs. Schicklgruber Grab - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 12

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 August, 2021, 06:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Kid-Knee Caper vs. Schicklgruber Grab - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 12

For those of you paying attention I said I'd end the week as I started it... and here's the end with two more form theLong Region. After these two we'll only have the final round of matches to go in this - and indeed all Regions... EXCITING!!!!

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

The Kid-Knee Caper - more info

Vs

The Schicklgruber Grab - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Monday 16th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

Rogue Judge

The Schicklgruber Grab! Possibly my favorite Stront yarn...top three anyway.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dark Jimbo

I do like The Kid Knee Caper, and this is, after all, the Bolt-01 cup - but Shicklgruber Grab just has so much more going on.
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

This is a toss up for me, so I'm going with the Kid Knee Caper to give it some much needed love!

It's also the one I read "live", and also missed the last bit (and the start of Rogue Trooper AND the last episode of Death Lives!!) because my stupid newsagent took one week of me not picking up the comic (we were away that weekend) as a sign I had dropped it - the fiend!

Buttonman

Colin YNWA

Idiot that I am I forgot to call time on this one this morning - so TIME FOLKS PLEASE - any last votes at the bar get them in and then go home... or just wait until the morning when I count this one up. I'm easy.

For me - damn this is tough. Given the nature of the tourney I want to go Kid Knee Caper and it is a fine story but really there's a reason why Schicklgruber Grab is one of the overall favourites and that all based on the fact that combining a cool space western with a a Second World War tale was a stroke of genius that sang right to the heart of most kids when this tale came out. Its just hard to deny:

The Schicklgruber Grab

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Again this one wasn't even close and a thrill that must surely be one of the tourney's favourite storms this one and seems to be well on course to taking the group over all. Can anything stop

The Schicklgruber Grab

Points   Vote Diff   
The Schicklgruber Grab         6               13
Big Bust of 49                          3                1
The Kid-Knee Caper               1               -6
The Royal Affair                      1                -8