Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackstarr

QuoteAnd someone explain how my armor rating goes up when l remove armour and run around in a long robe?
I assume you have the "unarmored" skill?
If so, you are better defended when *not* wearing armour.  Your character is not skilled in armour, and so is more likely to take damage when wearing armor, as the armour impedes their movements and leads them to take more damage. 
Wear a robe, and you'll be fine.
There's bug in the game which means you need to wear at least one piece of armor to get full benefit from unarmored skill - this bug, and dozens of others, is fixed with the Morrowind Code Patch - available from http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/19510.

The Doctor Alt 8

No paper map, its a second hand game
And trust me I have been upstairs and downstairs and round and sneeking round ..... But no exit to the bridge can I find...

The Doctor Alt 8

I don't have the internet at home... but the game did install what I think may be a patch program onto the PC (Using a swiss army knife icon.) not sure how to.... use it...

jackstarr

The swiss army knife icon is the "Morrowind Construction Set".

This is the program which allows you to make mods!

The official patches aren't installed automatically (unless you have the Steam version).

If you installed from disc, you probably need to download and install the official patch from Bethesda - http://support.bethsoft.com/patches.php - scroll to the bottom and choose the version of Morrowind that you have.

Once you have the official patch you should also get the unofficial Morrowind Code Patch I linked to in my earlier post, and also the Unofficial Morrowind Patch Project from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:MPP

If you find it difficult to download these (as you don't have internet at home), I'm happy to download them for you - if you want to send me a PM I can put them on a disc and send them in the post (and any other mods you might want).

QuoteAnd trust me I have been upstairs and downstairs and round and sneeking round ..... But no exit to the bridge can I find...
Which canton are you on at the moment?  I'll boot up Morrowind and see if I can give you step-by-step directions.

The Doctor Alt 8

I am still in Vicee, currently in the library of the Hall of Wisdom. I am trying to steal a Book for Casius the something of truth. A banned and therefore expensive book that I can't find anywhere else or afford to buy.
I took an invisibly potion first as I only have a sneak of 9 and I don't even know how to activate it anyway and I STILL GOT CAUGHT....

So how can I take it without being caught? I have a 4 point reputation to protect....

:lol:

The Doctor Alt 8

I don't think that the chameleon spell works either.... I get seen regardless

Theblazeuk

Chameleon improves sneak skill

Invisibility makes you invisible - but taking any action, opening doors or taking things for example, will render you visible once more.

The Doctor Alt 8

Gordon Bennett what is the bloody point in that? And no one has managed to explain how to get Sneak to work...!

Theblazeuk

Well you can walk past most people and instantly stop aggro if you turn invisible.

And sneak works by crouching and moving out of sight. The higher your skill the less likely you will be rumbled - and the more you can swipe stuff without being caught redhanded.

The Doctor Alt 8

OK all you guys needed to say was; Press the ctrl button to sneak... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Took me ages to find that in a forum )

jackstarr

QuoteOK all you guys needed to say was; Press the ctrl button to sneak..
Did you not get a manual with your copy of the game?
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/22320/mwgoty_pcmanual.pdf?t=1342228509
It's well worth a read - it covers the controls, as well as some of your earlier queries, like how to use scrolls/spells and how armour rating works.
I'd strongly suggest taking the time to sit down and read through the manual.

The Doctor Alt 8

No I didn't....

Second hand game....

Might explain why my spell list/ magic items panel has disappeared perminantly from the bottom right hand corner.... ANNOYING and dangerous.

Theblazeuk

You've turned off a bit of the HUD by mistake.

And it's always ctrl. Except when its a poorly optimised console conversion

jackstarr

In that case, make sure you bookmark the link I posted above to the manual.  You'll find it invaluable - and should make things a lot easier, for example...

QuoteYou've turned off a bit of the HUD by mistake.
...see page 7 of the manual for info on the HUD.

QuoteAnd it's always ctrl. Except when its a poorly optimised console conversion

The Doctor Alt 8

HUD? Wasn't that a Rick Hudson film?