Main Menu

Cam Kennedy non 2000ad stuff.

Started by Kerrin, 22 September, 2008, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Walking through the shops today I saw this Boba Fett figure.  It was the art that leapt out at me.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richard

He did a Boba Fett graphic novel with John Wagner.

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

rogue69

Cam's Star Wars work includes Dark Empire & Dark Empire 2 with Tom Veitch, Boba Fett Death, Lies, & Treachery with John Wagner which collects "Bounty on Bar-Kooda", "When the Fat Lady Swings", "Murder Most Foul" & "Agent of Doom" with John Ostrander plus "Sacrifice" with John Wagner collected in Boba Fett: Man With A Mission

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: rogue69 on 19 August, 2023, 11:16:56 PMCam's Star Wars work includes Dark Empire & Dark Empire 2 with Tom Veitch, Boba Fett Death, Lies, & Treachery with John Wagner which collects "Bounty on Bar-Kooda", "When the Fat Lady Swings", "Murder Most Foul" & "Agent of Doom" with John Ostrander plus "Sacrifice" with John Wagner collected in Boba Fett: Man With A Mission

There's an out-of-print (I think) Boba Fett omnibus from Dark Horse that you can probably pick up from eBay that has all of Cam's Boba Fett stuff, plus some with art by Ian Gibson, pretty much all written by Wagner. It's well worth getting.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dash Decent

Thanks chaps.

I knew about the Wagner/Kennedy Boba Fett work, which as Jim says is/was available in an omnibus.  I'm sure King Carlos did some Star Wars work too.

My pleasure is seeing Cam's artwork leaping out at me from the toy section of my local department store.  Normally I only see 2000AD related <anything> if I go to a specialty comic shop.  They might carry a couple of the same title, but here were a dozen identical Cam Kennedy illustrations, on full display in an ordinary setting.  A joy to behold, as they say.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

rogue69

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 August, 2023, 03:00:51 PMI'm sure King Carlos did some Star Wars work too.

He did Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand (with Timothy Zahn and Michael A. Stackpole,) in 1999

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 August, 2023, 04:35:15 PMWalking through the shops today I saw this Boba Fett figure.  It was the art that leapt out at me.

He's selling signed ones online.... somewhere!
DDT did a job on me