Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenith 666

oshii

Half the pages were still stuck together in my copy, but that's just one of those things

Very nicely designed though, but I just haven't got the space on my shelves or in my wallet to get the lot.  Suspect I might pick up the odd one here or there though.

Judge Nutmeg

first book superb, nice run of back up stories. I'd be happy if it was purely Dredd stories but oh well. Glad I did'nt collect the complete case files now.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 21 January, 2015, 10:45:07 PM
What's wrong with shamballa.
To my mind, nothing. I thought it was a well-written, nicely illustrated and mature take on the character, but without some of the fairly heavy-handed stuff Grant would later add (Judge Goon, and the Christianity arc).

BPP

I assume 'nothiing' but that it's been reprinted many times now - some folk will have bought the individual trade or it then a few years later picked it up as part of the PSI FILES 02.

No luck finding it near me today
Sainsburys Armagh - 0
McNearnies Newsagents - 0
Tescos Portadown - 0
Tescos Craigavon - 0
ASDA Portadown - 0

I take it 'Tescos - Ireland' is ROI because the Craigavon store is their largest and has as big a magazine section as exists in the north thesedays.

On the upside I've now a nice collection of Nat. Geographic Rocks, some 'Insects and Spiders' and am learning to Sew in handy weekly installments!

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Zenith 666

Nicely illustrated?you mean beautifully illustrated by Ranson.it also had that Dredd world map I couldn't stop looking at.

Bat King

I got 4 on Wednesday morning from OK Comics in Leeds. Then gave three to colleagues at work (two bought them via me, the other was a gift from me)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 January, 2015, 04:37:05 PM
Plenty in Smiths in Cardiff. I bought 2 and left them on colleagues desks

I'd better get down there fast!!!

TordelBack

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 22 January, 2015, 12:08:55 AM
Nicely illustrated?you mean beautifully illustrated by Ranson.it also had that Dredd world map I couldn't stop looking at.

Nothing but good things to say about Shamballa, but I already have 3 formats! So my interest would depend on what else there is in the back that the Psi Files don't offer.

shaolin_monkey

Well, that's six issues one's bought from Smiths in Cardiff, and five of them dispensed to comic-loving colleagues in work. 

That'll do, Pig.  That'll do.

Skullmo

Quote from: BPP on 22 January, 2015, 12:08:06 AM

I assume 'nothiing' but that it's been reprinted many times now - some folk will have bought the individual trade or it then a few years later picked it up as part of the PSI FILES 02.

The comic
the complete 2000AD
the  original trade
the psi files
. .. the story is ok as a stand alone tale, but when taken in context of the Anderson journey it is another 'world destroying event with religion and mysticism' story where Anderson saves the world just by being in the right place at the right time. And no one even cares or thanks her.

When you think about it, she has saved the world a lot more than Dredd has and no one even realises!
It's a joke. I was joking.

TordelBack

The missus responded favourably to Vol 1, having not read Tooth in many years, she liked the idea of a themed collection that in theory at least would contain all she needed by way of context - so that approach would seem to have some traction with the lay reader. She also couldn't believe that the whole book was the work of the same artist, so hats off to Colin for never sitting still.

Buttonman

None in the massive Tesco in Silverburn but I found some on small independent newsagents - still available at Shalamar on Ladyburn Street and the newsagent on the junction of Penilee Road and Glasgow Road.

briantm

Picked this up today. Hell of a book to get for two quid. Probably won't get any beyond the introductory offer. This is obviously something they've considered but I do wonder how much of a loss they will be taking on the first issue.

I really like the cover designs. Minimalist with nice font choices. Unfortunately the read isn't very red on my book. It has a slightly wan tone to it; almost pinky. A tiny complaint that only the pedantic among us will even notice.

Looking forward to rereading these stories. Colin rocks  :D

shaolin_monkey

I just opened mine and had a flip through. The quality is truly astounding!! Even if this had been priced at a tenner from the outset it would have been totally worth it - and then some!