Main Menu

BRISTOL COMIC EXPO 2013

Started by strontium71, 14 March, 2013, 07:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Dunk! on 21 March, 2013, 09:32:18 AM
Had my hotel booked for months, so I'm definitely turning up like the bad penny I am.

You MAY finally reunite with the Frankum by all accounts :D

I've promised to take some folk to a heavy metal night and feed them cider. SO THAT WILL OCCUR.

Dunk!

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 March, 2013, 01:02:49 PM
I've promised to take some folk to a heavy metal night and feed them cider. SO THAT WILL OCCUR.

Oh, Fri or Sat I'm good for both and blend well at Metal events.

Frankum after all these years...
"Trust we"

Kerrin

Tempted. I did promise Mr.H.Flint that I would ply him with Absinthe to acquire a fully deranged sketch.

Steve Green

Are you saying his usual stuff is only partially deranged?

Blimey.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Kerrin on 21 March, 2013, 03:29:28 PM
Tempted. I did promise Mr.H.Flint that I would ply him with Absinthe to acquire a fully deranged sketch of Halo Jones with her top off.

Fixed that for you. :-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

Good idea!! Henry is a dab hand at the lady nozzles.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Kerrin on 21 March, 2013, 05:06:51 PM
a dab hand at the lady nozzles.

Come Hell or high water, I will find a way to work that phrase into a conversation...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

Quote from: Steve Green on 21 March, 2013, 03:51:00 PM
Are you saying his usual stuff is only partially deranged?

Blimey.

Relatively. I am however, entirely enamoured with his work in "Broadcast; The TV Doodles of Henry Flint". My plan is to ambush Henry with a large drawing pad and a bottle of gen-you-wine absinthe, sit him down and ply him with absinthe and rollies until he has filled one whole page with insanity. Then, once all of the brain bending gibber juice is gone and the page is filled, I shall consider our one sided agreement to be at an end and he can cheerfully pass out.

These schemes hardly ever work out as you'd hope though.

Steve Green

Albion

Artists and Absinthe is a bad idea, he might end up cutting one of his ears off, it happens you know!
Actually Absinthe and anyone is a bad idea, it's bloody 'orrible.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

strontium71

...but it makes the heart grow fonder.
...because I hate you.

MsMeanie

Info on the 2000AD panel - the largest one yet??

Return of the 2000AD Mega Panel!
After the success and huge fun of last year, we are very pleased to announce the return of the 2000AD Mega Panel!

with Ian Gibson, Michael Carroll, David Hine, Boo Cook, Mike Collins, Rob Williams, Ben Willsher, Henry Flint, David Roach & John Higgins (and maybe more to come!)

This panel will be on Saturday 11th May at 5pm in the main panel room in the Ramada Venue.

CrazyFoxMachine

This is this weekend - after many years of having my wallet utterly buggered I will be officially boycotting the Ramada bar. Chockfull of comic types it is, but I lives in this city and at a stones throw there are a trillion better and cheaper places to drink.

PM me if y'need my number for cider and rambling comictalk purposes! Also - I wrote a big long blog on The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel page about things to check out and people I like - - > http://thepsychedelicjournal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/pre-bristol-expo-comics-to-buy.html

shaolin_monkey

Thanks to the fantastic Mike VK, I will be carried down to Bristol in stately fashion in his lovely landrover on Sunday.

I've been polishing my helmet in anticipation.

COMMANDO FORCES