Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

I thought this when I read the article - they are really hamming up the 'they stole all my original ideas' thing.  Really - how much stuff is created that is not influenced by something else.  Oh, and Luke Kirby preceded Harry Potter - hmmm, bet there were no young wizards before that!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 04 July, 2013, 05:08:09 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on what specific bit of magic bollocks (presumably imagery) Our Bren' is referring to when he says ""the 'magickal' stuff in Zenith wasn't original (2000AD had to pay off some artist for having his stuff ripped off later on in the series)"? Or is that just Brendan's own bit of "legend-buffing"?

It was author Peter Carroll and his chaos magick books.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 04 July, 2013, 05:44:05 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 04 July, 2013, 05:08:09 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on what specific bit of magic bollocks (presumably imagery) Our Bren' is referring to when he says ""the 'magickal' stuff in Zenith wasn't original (2000AD had to pay off some artist for having his stuff ripped off later on in the series)"? Or is that just Brendan's own bit of "legend-buffing"?

It was author Peter Carroll and his chaos magick books.

The magic eightball knows all. Cheers, SOAP.

Montynero

Thanks, Joe.

This forum's a font of fascinating info! Another bleedin' occultist to add to the mix. Dunno why writers do this. 'In my quest to be original I'll dabble in chaos magicks like, er...everyone else." >sigh!< 

Recrewt: yeah, the Luke Kirby thing was overstated.

JOE SOAP

It was the illustrator of Carroll's books that made the claim and allegedly received settlement.

Dunk!

With the availability of the new (re-release) Zenith T-shirt and in response to the UK Judge cosplay garrison I'm thinking about setting up the portly middle-aged Zenith cosplay continuum to prop up the bar at cons.

Red Dragons and Mandalas welcome.

Who's in?

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Kerrin

QuoteWho's in?

Dunk!

As a portly middle aged person I wholeheartedly support this fantastical scheme.

Now, who would like to buy me a complete Zenith hardback limited to 1000 editions bound in stookie scrotum skin book for costume reference.....

Spikes

Quote from: opaque on 03 July, 2013, 10:14:34 PM
Gone from the shop again! Is that finally it?

I noticed over on 2000ad's FB page last night that its now sold out. Not a suprise really.

Minkyboy

See this week's (1840) Damage Report for a behind the scenes peek at the Droid's travails with the Zenith book.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

opaque

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 July, 2013, 10:05:58 AM
I noticed over on 2000ad's FB page last night that its now sold out. Not a suprise really.

I'm really surprised it took that long.

Jo-L

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 July, 2013, 10:05:58 AM

I was surprised at this quite from the Beat story: "it's the fastest selling title we've ever had and sold out in just 48 hours"

Does that mean it sold out three days ago, but they announced that it sold out yesterday?  Sounds conspiratorial to me...

Proudhuff

Quote from: Minkyboy on 06 July, 2013, 10:35:16 AM
See this week's (1840) Damage Report for a behind the scenes peek at the Droid's travails with the Zenith book.

That Marg is a one isn't she?
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Jo-L on 06 July, 2013, 04:04:45 PM
Does that mean it sold out three days ago, but they announced that it sold out yesterday?  Sounds conspiratorial to me...

You've just activated the Molch-R signal.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 July, 2013, 04:24:03 PM
Quote from: Minkyboy on 06 July, 2013, 10:35:16 AM

That Marg is a one isn't she?
I'm a little bit afraid to be frank.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Jo-L on 06 July, 2013, 04:04:45 PM
I was surprised at this quite from the Beat story: "it's the fastest selling title we've ever had and sold out in just 48 hours"

Perhaps its the 24 hours it was on sale the first day added to the 24 hours it was on sale the last day = 48 hours.  The days in the middle don't count.  ;) :D :lol: ::)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.