Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Second motorbike stolen in 8 months. Pricks. Cut through a heavy duty chain with an angle grinder. I don't even know if I should make another insurance claim after making one 8 months ago, when the same model of bike was taken from pretty much the same place.  I'd love to angle grind the scumbags who took it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Ah feck that, unbelievable wankers.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Aye. Fortunately I've since saved enough to buy a new one, but bang goes my emergency savings account.

EDIT - This thread really needs to be in the Off Topic part of the forum. Any chance the mods could move it? Cheers
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Ah, fuck that for a caper, Jayzus. So sorry to hear of your misfortune. Can only hope that Karma pays back the rotten, thieving low-life scum with interest.  >:( I'm in the Dublin area, as you probably know, so if there's anything I can do to help out or you just need a listening ear over a pint or twenty, feel free to PM me. All the best to ye!

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks a million! Much appreciated. I'm feeling grand, just annoyed, but will PM you tomorrow anyway.

Gary James

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 February, 2020, 07:46:11 PMSecond motorbike stolen in 8 months.
Did you have a GPS tracker installed?

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 February, 2020, 07:46:11 PMI don't even know if I should make another insurance claim after making one 8 months ago, when the same model of bike was taken from pretty much the same place.
Definitely make a claim - you paid for the policy, so make use of it.

It is probably something which I should discourage, but... if you catch someone in the act of stealing your vehicle, no matter what it is - from a BMX right up to a yacht - you should make them regret being born. When (if) they ever go before a judge they'll merely be given a telling off, then set free to go do it again.

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 February, 2020, 07:46:11 PM
Second motorbike stolen in 8 months. Pricks. Cut through a heavy duty chain with an angle grinder. I don't even know if I should make another insurance claim after making one 8 months ago, when the same model of bike was taken from pretty much the same place.  I'd love to angle grind the scumbags who took it.

What a collective sack of fuck-spuds.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 10 October, 2019, 05:13:23 AM
I kneel down next to students who are on computers to help them fix their bugs. I've done that for nineteen years, since becoming a teacher.  Turns out it wasn't a good move: I've badly damaged my right meniscus (the shock absorber of the knee, between the femur and the tibia) and can hardly walk because my knee is so swollen and owie. I might look cool with a cane (it's even an auto-unfolding cane so I feel like I'm part Transformer), but I'd rather not need it.

I've been hobbled. Figure that's pretty spuggy.

I just had a knee scope surgery yesterday so am on the couch and off work. Hopefully having had my meniscus trimmed a bit should solve my limp. On the positive side, I have an excuse to read some back progs.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Gary James

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 February, 2020, 12:12:13 AMI just had a knee scope surgery yesterday so am on the couch and off work.
All those years teaching - you have more than earned some down-time.

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 February, 2020, 12:12:13 AMOn the positive side, I have an excuse to read some back progs.
Always a silver lining...

Rest up and let yourself heal. You'll probably want to get back to doing things as quickly as you can, but there's no need to push yourself. Trying to rush the healing process is a very bad thing.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Gary James on 27 February, 2020, 11:46:55 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 February, 2020, 07:46:11 PMSecond motorbike stolen in 8 months.
Did you have a GPS tracker installed?

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 February, 2020, 07:46:11 PMI don't even know if I should make another insurance claim after making one 8 months ago, when the same model of bike was taken from pretty much the same place.
Definitely make a claim - you paid for the policy, so make use of it.

It is probably something which I should discourage, but... if you catch someone in the act of stealing your vehicle, no matter what it is - from a BMX right up to a yacht - you should make them regret being born. When (if) they ever go before a judge they'll merely be given a telling off, then set free to go do it again.

No GPS tracker I'm afraid - next bike will though, for sure.

Normally I have no time for violence, but the following story gave me a smile. A friend of mine saw a courier leave his bike unattended for a second, during which time some shitbag jumped on it and started cycling. He'd forgotten that bike couriers are fit as fuck, and the courier easily caught up with him on foot. 

The courier smacked him in the mouth, sending him flying face-first onto the road.  As he lay on the ground bleeding he started shouting garbled threats about suing for assault, to which the courier laughed and said something like 'you won't find me', and cycled off.

Also, best of luck with the recovery, Funt, and enjoy your time off!

von Boom

Sorry to hear about your bike JBC. It's moments like that where you could exact Dredd style just on those sort of pricks.

Hope you recovery quickly, Funt. But only as quickly as you want.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 28 February, 2020, 03:11:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your bike JBC. It's moments like that where you could exact Dredd style just on those sort of pricks.

Cheers. I console myself that I've managed to save enough in the meantime to buy another one straightaway (which I put a deposit on yesterday, and is newer and with less mileage than the stolen one). This time three years ago I could barely afford to eat - I was regularly queuing up with the homeless at closing time at the hare krishna restaurant for 1 euro leftovers.

And yeah, Funt, I said it before but I hope you're enjoying your downtime.  Genuine sick days are the one time you can feel righteous about shelving responsibilities for a while and not doing anything all day.

sheridan

Quote from: von Boom on 28 February, 2020, 03:11:34 PM

I think I've read somewhere that it's moments like that which inspired Dredd (and other hard-line police from Wagner) in the first place...

Gary James

Quote from: sheridan on 29 February, 2020, 10:02:51 PMI think I've read somewhere that it's moments like that which inspired Dredd (and other hard-line police from Wagner) in the first place...
All that's coming up on Google is page after page of The Bling Ring, which is irrelevant, but...

About thirty (?) years ago there was a comedian who was burgled, and the feelings from that event was used in the creation of a show, so there's plenty of precedent for these things to spur on works. Pretty sure that at least a few of the revenge movies of the eighties could trace their origins back to a real crime their scriptwriters suffered as well.