Main Menu

Dredd (2011): What the latest?

Started by Goaty, 23 June, 2011, 10:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

Yeah, it was called RoboCop, and it was bloody good too!!!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Goaty

New feature of Karl Urban interview, as it was featured in latest Total Film;

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/karl-urban-assures-judge-dredd-won-t-get-any-literal-face-time-14679

"If anyone if familiar with Dredd, over the years there are many times when he removes his helmet but you never fully see his face. This was a construct by the creators because he represents a faceless system of justice and law.

I say this hypothetically. If I went to a movie called Judge Dredd and the lead actor at one point took of his helmet so we could see his full face I would just puke in my popcorn because that's not Dredd. He is mysterious and enigmatic. We're doing it right, it's gonna be harder, grittier and above all faithful to the comic. It's gonna kick ass."

EddieHitler

Quote from: Goaty on 06 September, 2011, 01:09:59 PM
I would just puke in my popcorn because that's not Dredd

Steady now!  :lol:

Surely you would puke into the popcorn of the chap who is sitting next to you?

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: charleswalter1860 on 08 September, 2011, 08:25:35 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 06 September, 2011, 01:09:59 PM
I would just puke in my popcorn because that's not Dredd

Steady now!  :lol:

Surely you would puke into the popcorn of the chap who is sitting next to you?

Very Good  :lol: :lol: :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

This is the sort of disgraceful behavior that causes trouble in the pictures nowadays  ;)

radiator

The 'puke in my popcorn' quote is actually from last months Empire magazine feature. Total Film nicked it.

Still, Karl Urban rocks. I have a couple of concerns about the new movie, but the casting isn't one. He'll be a great Dredd.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 09 September, 2011, 12:40:31 AM
The 'puke in my popcorn' quote is actually from last months Empire magazine feature. Total Film nicked it

I remember it as a qoute on the web from a few months even before that.

Hoagy

Yeah it was on a pinch of interview shortly after his official announcement of playing the role.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract