Main Menu

Sci-Fi Special 2018 - Cover

Started by I, Cosh, 08 June, 2018, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

I may be misremembering, but Tula is also one of the founders of the Thought Bubble convention.

'Tis a cracking cover.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 June, 2018, 05:58:43 PM
Well, he's got the women doing this one, so he's probably paying them less.

*DUCKS*

Tharg's very equal-opportunity - he lets the girls work longer hours so they can earn as much as the fellas.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

BPP

Preview in the thrill mail looks great. Sorta BOOM! Meets 2000ad vibe going on in style and will be an interesting read. Really liked the art on the one-untitled tale in the preview (seems to be a judge death reference in it). Looks good and looking forward to reading.

One thing that stood out is the art in the terror tale being so different to standard 2000ad fare that it might inspire others to write a different sort of terror tale to fit art like that or other art styles. Helping to break the 'all been done before' script problems for future shocks ' terror tales.

Oh yeah, can I suggest tharg look at Katie Skelly to really shake up a series, and dream job would be to get the phenomenal Joelle Jones on a Dredd / Max Normal MC1 strip. As an artist she is the real deal.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Steve Green

Yes, would be good to see Joelle back after her FCBD Ratfink story.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 June, 2018, 05:58:43 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 08 June, 2018, 05:07:51 PM
How much more output can Tharg wring from his poor droids in one year...!

Well, he's got the women doing this one, so he's probably paying them less.

*DUCKS*

Well, I'm not reading it then. Straight white men are being oppressed and they're the only true oppressed minority. *Also ducks
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

Pyroxian

Richard

Tomwe

Got my copy from Tharg today - will there be a new thread since this one is titled 'cover'?

Looks fab!

Richard

Large48

Has this actually been released to the general public???

Had it on order from a couple of places and neither have seen it.

Also I've not seen it on the high street anywhere.... :-(

Have I just missed it?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Woolly

Quote from: Large48 on 13 August, 2018, 07:48:32 AM
Has this actually been released to the general public???

Had it on order from a couple of places and neither have seen it.

Also I've not seen it on the high street anywhere.... :-(

Have I just missed it?

Sorry mate, you missed it.
PM me your address and I'll send you the standard cover version (keeping the variant cover for meself though!)   :thumbsup:

Leigh S

Ssurprised you had trouble getting it as I have seen it pretty recently in WHSmiths and such, and was surprised with its shelf life!

Pete Wells

I reached out to her to do a Covers Uncovered as I really like it too. She said she'd send some stuff but maybe real life got in the way. I'm on my hollies at the moment but I'll send another email when I get back...

SIP

On difficulty in finding this......since it was released I could not find it at all in comic shops, newsagents or WHSMITHS....in more than one city. I was surprised too. I saw the prog and the Mwgazine in those shops.

I saw it for the first time last week....Forbidden Planet in Liverpool had it. Not an easy one to find!