Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 10 March, 2013, 05:59:40 PM
Starting from £100, which is pretty reasonable. Of course there are other options.

I think if you can afford it then go for it as he is bound to get more expensive as his schedule / workload increases! The commissions I have seen have been amazing. Up there with his covers! And it is lovely to see his stuff in black and white.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

I was going to draw attention to this lovely chopper colouring, but then realised that they are all sold!

You can have a look anyway :-)

http://www.wizards-keep.com/index.asp-Q-ItemList-E-2000ad-original-artwork--15111941

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 March, 2013, 06:17:57 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 06 March, 2013, 11:44:56 AM
In other 'I'll be living off rice for the next two weeks' news, I've just secured the purchase of one of my favourite 2000AD pages of all time; the 4th page of Cams 'VCs' from Prog 163 (the heart freezing moment where the Earthworm considers betraying Ringer and leaving him to the Geek's mercy!)  :)
Will post a pic as soon as it arrives!

Nice one, Rich. Glad you snagged summat from Cam, especially as its a page that means a big deal to you.
And yes, looking forward to seeing this, as well. The VC's featured some pretty darn brilliant art from Cam.

Heads up you 'Geeks'... my Cam page arrived yesterday, and it's a thing of beauty!
Pristine condition after all this time...It must have been hermetically sealed.

I'm a very happy Earthworm!  :)

Link Prime

Don't do it Smith...he likes you really.

Ringer! RIIIIINNNNGGERRRRR!!!!

Greg M.

You're making some cracking acquisitions, Link - that one's a beauty! Wonder if Mr. Kennedy has much Rogue Trooper lurking around in his vaults...?

Link Prime

Cheers Greg! Not sure if there was any Rogue available in the listings Cam gave me- mainly Dredd, VC's and sundry 2000AD / Meg stuff.

Here's another little cracker that popped through my letterbox yesterday evening; the final Tyranny Rex page (again, thanks to Dale for giving me plum pickings of his Richard Elson haul).

Link Prime

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 March, 2013, 10:49:47 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 06 March, 2013, 12:54:08 AM
Speaking of great art from Dale - this Simon Jacob was picked up from him. he still has more Simon Jacob. Buy it, it's lovely!

I've taken your advice and am awaiting delivery of a spiffing Armoured Gideon / Armoured Jerubaal painted piece from Dale as we speak!

It never rains, but it pours!
The Simon Jacob box has been well and truly ticked off with this Armoured brothers painted page...
Brilliant design work around the border of the page too.

How could you ever let this one go Dale???  ;)

Skullmo

This is quite an art bonanza! Great stuff. I love the extra effor Simon Jacob puts in - they really are works of art of the finest kind!

hippynumber1

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 March, 2013, 12:03:32 PM
You're making some cracking acquisitions, Link - that one's a beauty! Wonder if Mr. Kennedy has much Rogue Trooper lurking around in his vaults...?

I asked him and he said all his Rogue pages went years ago...   :(

Fatboydale

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 March, 2013, 01:25:00 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 06 March, 2013, 10:49:47 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 06 March, 2013, 12:54:08 AM
Speaking of great art from Dale - this Simon Jacob was picked up from him. he still has more Simon Jacob. Buy it, it's lovely!

I've taken your advice and am awaiting delivery of a spiffing Armoured Gideon / Armoured Jerubaal painted piece from Dale as we speak!

It never rains, but it pours!
The Simon Jacob box has been well and truly ticked off with this Armoured brothers painted page...
Brilliant design work around the border of the page too.

How could you ever let this one go Dale???  ;)

I gotta eat ..... lol .... nice Cam page ...

Greg M.

QuoteI asked him and he said all his Rogue pages went years ago...

I rather suspected that might be the case, but thanks for the info.

Spikes

Thats a cracking VC's page there, Rich - and one i certainly well remember. Glad you could snag a 'grail'!
Out of all of the strips that Cam drew, the VC's is my favourite. Great stuff,  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 March, 2013, 12:03:32 PM

I dont think Cam has any Rogue Trooper stuff left now.
The lists he sent me recently had no pages on offer.
And i think his website has stated this as well. Think thats been the case for a good while. Hardly surprising, really.

EDIT: I see that Mark has already answered the above question!

ming

Link, that's a cracker of a VCs page - really chilling stuff and a very memorable scene.

And yeah, all Cam's Rogue pages are long gone, unfortunately.  He still had a couple of pages listed as available when I first got in touch with him a few years back, but that was just a case of him not updating his lists.  Bugger.  :lol:

Luckily for me I'd already picked up a Rogue page from Rufus - my first bit of original art; the page that started me on this whole insane art-collecting thing, in fact.

Rufus still has some Cam Rogue pages for sale on Artdroids, I think - although prices have definitely gone up and I think he may just be selling one complete episode.

Greg M.

Cool page, David - Cam is such a master of the action sequence. Yeah, Rufus has a complete episode of 'All Hell On The Dix-I Front' for £1800 - a little steep (even for four pages) but admittedly not the steepest piece on his books given that particular story is one of the highpoints of 'Rogue Trooper'.

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 15 March, 2013, 07:04:45 PM
my first bit of original art

That last panel is glorious, isnt it.
Something that Cam very much excelled at.  Always nice to see it again.