Main Menu

PSN is finally online!

Started by Goaty, 15 May, 2011, 06:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I've finally reinstalled Media Go from another link since the link on their website didn't work.

The Welcome pack contains no information! And the games that are supposed to be free are all full price! (This is for PSP. Might be different for PS3s. Maybe they're still in the process of updating that.)

I've also noticed on loading the Playstation store, that after a while the links stop working! Media Go itself runs fine, as do the category buttons (Games, Films, Comics etc.)

Have anyone else had these problems? I'm not clear if it's something to do with the Media Go and Store applications I downloaded, or if it's just bugs at their end. I suspect the latter. On trying to access account management information (i.e. to update my details, retrieve password*) I get a 'Server is down' message.

Ah, well. Still early days yet.

*Thank goodness I eventually remembered my password by myself!

Darren Stephens

Downloaded my 2 free games yesterday. Went for LittleBigPlanet and Wipeout HD. Both seem really good, so far. One strange thing....when I'd d.loaded the first game, the 'welcome back' pack dissapeared....had to go into 'account management' to get to my second game.  :)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Keef Monkey

Same thing that happened to me Darren, seems to be a bit of a glitchy process right now!

Mardroid

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 07 June, 2011, 08:00:28 PM
Downloaded my 2 free games yesterday. Went for LittleBigPlanet and Wipeout HD. Both seem really good, so far. One strange thing....when I'd d.loaded the first game, the 'welcome back' pack dissapeared....had to go into 'account management' to get to my second game.  :)

I just downloaded my first game on the PSP and the same thing happened. Where did you go in Account Management to get your game? I've been to that section but I can't find anything that's related to that. I went to the download history section clutching at straws but that only understandably shows what I've downloaded already. (Actually going through the main menu it reports an error. I had to go through the Playstation Store)

I think my situation might be different from you in that I exited the store after the first download to test out the game and research the other games to decide which one I'd like. Maybe I should have downloaded both while I was there, but the system should still allow for that.

Darren Stephens

Hi Mardroid. I'm not at home at the mo, but if I remeber correctly it's Account Management, then Transaction Management, then Services list.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Hegel

That's right Darren.

Dors anyone know when the 30 days psn+ has to used by? I'd prefer to wait for better offers......

Mardroid

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 09 June, 2011, 04:14:28 PM
Hi Mardroid. I'm not at home at the mo, but if I remeber correctly it's Account Management, then Transaction Management, then Services list.  ;)

Thanks Darren, I'll take a look.

Mardroid

Yes that worked a treat!

I opted for Killzone and Little Big Planet in the end. I wasn't sure I'd like the latter being a rather cute type of game.  I was considering Pursuit, as I thought that would be more my cup of tea, but then I thought I'd try something different and I'd heard good things concerning LBP.

I haven't done a whole lot but I can see it being a lot of fun, somewhat reminiscent of the platform games I've played on older systems, except with a larger creative aspect.

I was a bit disappointed in Killzone though. It reminded me a bit of Commando. (Which was great fun back in the day to be fair.)  I suspect there's a lot more in there though. I'm not keen on the same perspective though. I prefer being able to pan around, etc. Curious since most games used to be like that. Interesting what one gets used to.

Still, considering they're full game freebies, I've no right to complain. And I haven't played much.

Keef Monkey

I haven't grabbed any PSP games, do you need a PSP Go to do it or does it work for the old style ones?  I've never actually downloaded any software to it so not too sure about the process.

I've played Killzone through and really enjoyed it, thought they did a good job of getting the feel of a shooter without trying to cram a big home console game onto a teensy screen. I do remember it getting painfully hard at points though, that or I was just crap at it!

Hegel

I think you needed to have a psp account set up before the hack happened.

Old style psps should work though, just download to your memory card.

Mardroid

Quote from: Hegel on 10 June, 2011, 12:53:24 PM

Yep. I used a PSP3000.

As far as I can tell you have to download via the PSP directly. I usually use Media Go on my PC to download stuff from the Playstation Store (I think it's a bit faster) but that didn't work.

Goaty

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 June, 2011, 07:34:23 PM
Quote from: Hegel on 10 June, 2011, 12:53:24 PM

Yep. I used a PSP3000.

As far as I can tell you have to download via the PSP directly. I usually use Media Go on my PC to download stuff from the Playstation Store (I think it's a bit faster) but that didn't work.
Not wireless?

Mardroid

Quote from: Goaty on 10 June, 2011, 07:43:07 PM
Not wireless?

I'm not sure what you mean.

I think you generally need wireless built into the PSP to download directly. They seem to come with it as standard (at least the 3000 and Go) does. I don't know about the earlier models, but I think the 2000 did.