Main Menu

Leviathan and Case Files 05...?

Started by Grant Goggans, 14 November, 2006, 04:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Well, I got Leviathan the other day. I actually gasped when I opened the packaging - it really is a thing of beauty.

On this evidence, the design of the hardbacks has been tweaked to bring them more into line with the softbacks (same fonts etc). They've also got the same matt finish, with some lovely spot varnishing which looks fucking sweet. As we've come to expect, the design and presentation all round is awesome, putting to shame just about any comic book publisher I can think of. There's also loads of extras which help to bulk it out, and give better value for money. Can't comment on the story itself as I haven't read it yet (saving it for after Case Files 5).

I used to be a bit reluctant to buy the hardbacks - they are still a bit pricey, and they seem a little impractical (Red Seas, Lobster Random) next to the softbacks. But this one at least, makes sense to me - a deluxe edition of a one-off story.

paulvonscott

I like the hardbacks for some things, as you say One Offs mainly.  Very pleased to have my button man and fiends of the eastern front hardbacks.

IndigoPrime

It seems Jon's way of thinking is to push out hardbacks only for one-offs or very specific stories (such as the painted Sláine stuff); personally, I'll be very happy to never see another hardback for an ongoing story. Here's also hoping for a Red Seas softback rebootâ??it's a fab series, but in hardback, it'd take years to even get to the point we're at now.

radiator

IndigoPrime's worst nightmare...

Coming soon....Judge Dredd - The complete Case Files in Hardback. Volume 01 Collects all the Dredd strips from prog 1-8.
£11.99

:)

The Adventurer

I too crave soft cover reboots for Red Seas, Lobster Random, and Shakara.

And not the way they did Button Man and Durham Red, with soft cover reissues of the first hardcover volumes. Rather, I'd like to see the first 3 stories of each in a single soft cover volume.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK