Main Menu

LOEG Century: 1910 (SPOILERS!)

Started by House of Usher, 10 May, 2009, 09:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I think the whole Frost/'That was the week that was' crowd are likely to turn up, as are the Likely Lads,someone from The Italian Job and 'Blow up' ( phew! glad i never mixed them up)
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

and lets hope its all told by Alan Bennett.
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

The Milky Bar Kid will be there too.

Mike Gloady

Quote from: "House of Usher"I'm sure it'll be very cool, and no doubt will pay an awful lot of homage to 1960s genre television as well as the hippy counter-culture. I'm excitedly speculating about what might crop up. The Champions? Get Smart? Bewitched? I Dream of Genie? The Munsters? The Addams Family? The Beverly Hillbillies? pre-1970s Sapphire and Steel? Dr Who? The Voice of the Mysterons? The Electric Koolaid Acid Test in some form or other? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Rosemary's Baby?
Ok.  

You have gotten me even MORE excited now.  

I'll have to have a lie down.  Dr Who, Get Smart and Bewitched?  Oh yes please.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "House of Usher"I'm sure it'll be very cool, and no doubt will pay an awful lot of homage to 1960s genre television as well as the hippy counter-culture. I'm excitedly speculating about what might crop up. The Champions? Get Smart? Bewitched? I Dream of Genie? The Munsters? The Addams Family? The Beverly Hillbillies? pre-1970s Sapphire and Steel? Dr Who? The Voice of the Mysterons? The Electric Koolaid Acid Test in some form or other? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Rosemary's Baby?

Crikey, yes. We've already had Emma Peel, haven't we? For some reason I'd been thinking mainly about 60s music and the whole acid-trip counter culture thing, which just baffles me (Storming Heaven made me go Whuuuuuhh?) but I hadn't considered 60s genre TV, which I love. Now I am excited.
@jamesfeistdraws

satchmo

I hope the League version of the Great Train Robbery involves Stanley Baker...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062207/

House of Usher

It's great the possibilities that a story set in 1967 offers. It could encompass almost anything. A pity it will only run to about 70 pages, plus text story.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Mmmm, good point.  I thought 1910 worked so well because it fitted into the mass of detail in the Black Dossier, and was a more straightforward comicsy look at characters we'd only seen in rather eclectic media (Orlando for example - text story and brilliant Eagle/Look and Learn style edu-strip) or only in passing (Carnacki), or even just by reference (Jenny).  Moving beyond the timeframe of that story (and indeed all the League stuff so far), will we have enough meat to attach to a 70-page skeleton?  Even the text story seems like it might precede it.

Proudhuff

Quote from: "satchmo"I hope the League version of the Great Train Robbery involves Stanley Baker...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062207/

or better,    Ronnie Barker!
DDT did a job on me

Trout

I only just read this.  :-[

Although I enjoyed it a lot, Jess Nevins' annotations and this thread were a big help in getting more out of it.

I'm bearing in mind it's only a third of the full story, so I'm eagerly anticipating the rest, and the chance to read the full story in one go.

- Trout

House of Usher

Quote from: House of Usher on 02 July, 2009, 03:47:11 PM
I'm sure it'll be very cool, and no doubt will pay an awful lot of homage to 1960s genre television as well as the hippy counter-culture. I'm excitedly speculating about what might crop up. The Champions? Get Smart? Bewitched? I Dream of Genie? The Munsters? The Addams Family? The Beverly Hillbillies? pre-1970s Sapphire and Steel? Dr Who? The Voice of the Mysterons? The Electric Koolaid Acid Test in some form or other? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Rosemary's Baby?

I've received and read Century Part 2: 1969. Seeing as the thing was set in London and not California, it would have been difficult to squeeze in a lot of those American genre TV references. However, I was right with Dr Who and Rosemary's Baby. Shame about the lack of Mysteron lighting effects. Time for a new thread, I think!
STRIKE !!!