Main Menu

IDW go where no crossover has gone before. Into Time and Space!

Started by Hawkmumbler, 14 February, 2012, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

It finaly happened lads and ladys! The crossover we have all been waiting for, Doctor Who and Star Trek: The Next Generation!
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-02/14/doctor-who-star-trek-comic
AWSOME!

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

TordelBack

Now I usually have no interest in these kinds of things, but get Pond in an OS Yeoman's uniform and my mind could be changed...

Emperor

Or blown...

Tony Lee has posted about his role in this:

www.tonylee.co.uk/index.php?option=com_wordpress&p=391&Itemid=1
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SmallBlueThing

Moffat Who meets the most boring television series, with the most boring characters, ever made? Is it too much to hope that the cybermen win? Why are they digging up Picard and his bunch of no-marks? What happened to current Trek being the revamped adventures of the original lot? I think it's safe to say I'll be studiously avoiding this one!

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 14 February, 2012, 06:17:30 PM
Kill Joy.  :P

I love original Trek! If this were one of the proper Doctor Whos teaming up with the original crew- even the JJ Abrams versions- I'd be all over it like a big nerdy rash. But The Next Generation? Just... vom. It was crap when it was on tv, it was crap as a series of disastrous movies that killed the franchise stone dead, and it's crap now. This could only be worse if it were David Tennant and the crew of Voyager.

Bah humbug!  :)

SBT

von Boom

Mind you, getting Amy Pond and Beverly Crusher together could be ginger heaven. I would still prefer a TOS team up.

JvB

Hawkmumbler

I NEVER got the hate for Next Generation.
Picard is an awsome captain, on par if not succeding Kirk, and the rest of the crew where diverse and entertaining.
Yes, I do prefer the Original series, but thats not to say TNG was ever terrible.
Also, Nemesis is underrated.........Inssurection sucks though.................and Kirk was shafted in generations..........

Professor Bear

Only a team up with Tom Baker's Who would work with TOS, not the touchy-feely stuff the Doc is about nowadays.  As disinterested as I am in seeing anything more of the tv era TNG stuff (caught some of the movies recently and have to admit even Nemesis had some great human moments), this does sound like a good mix if you like that whole boiler suited communist thing TNG had going on.  This looks like it is not for me, but I'm not a miserable bastard that I'd begrudge someone else the pleasure.

I, Cosh

I'm off to look up write some Romana II/Ezri Dax/Cosh slash fic.
We never really die.

Link Prime

Link Prime

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 February, 2012, 09:42:29 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 14 February, 2012, 08:31:08 PM

< Shudder >

I mean everyone bloody knows that Jadzia Dax was the real deal ;)

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 14 February, 2012, 08:31:08 PM

What's Babylon 5 got to do with it?