Main Menu

IDW go where no crossover has gone before. Into Time and Space!

Started by Hawkmumbler, 14 February, 2012, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: M.I.K. on 24 July, 2012, 03:32:26 PM
They've altered the cover of issue 3 and ruined it...

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2012/star-trekdoctor-who-assimilation2-issue-3/

I rarely criticise art but seriously, wtf?

Our own boys & girls at Zarjaz kick the shit out of this^, and they do it for free.

James Stacey

I think we can charitably call it piss poor at best. Buttonman can do better in paint, with or without piss stains.

M.I.K.

I think they were trying to make the flashbacks look like something that was drawn in the original Trek era, like an old comic or the animated series or whatever. They've not done a very good job of it, though.

Mardroid

IT was the middle panel I found amusing. No the art, just the art in relation to what they're actually saying. I.e. A shuttle on the ground.

SCOTTY: Looking clear for landing, captain.
KIRK: Take us down Scotty.

Did the artist read the description? Or maybe he'd already drawn it when the writer came up with the dialogue. (I understand some comic creators, particularly the Marvel method,  actually do that.) Either way it looks like someone on the team wasn't quite paying attention to what the others were doing.

I didn't see much wrong with the artwork itself. Not great, but it had a very original series Star Trek vibe to it.