Main Menu

Harlem Heroes 'Case Files' style print

Started by Jade Falcon, 11 October, 2015, 07:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

Some years back I asked about the Harlem Heroes and was directed to 2000AD Extreme Edition.  This I managed to get.

However, I never did read Inferno, and I hear it was in the Harlem Heroes Case File style print.

This book however seems to be out of print.  Perusing Amazon, Abebooks, even the cursed E-Bay seems to indicate a lot of silly prices.

Forbidden Planet online has it advertised at nearly 12 quid, but it's the usual with them "Waiting on stock", and since FP stiffed me on a Mass Effect figures, a Space:1999 graphic novel and some other item I can't remember I'm VERY leery of ordering off them on a promise.

Soooo...does anyone know if Heroes is going to get another print run?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Hawkmumbler

I also missed the initial print run and would much love to read the original Harlem Heroes.

japandroid

I didn't know Inferno was included in this. I see there's a copy on ebay for £40 but I've seen it sell for a lot less a few times. I don't reckon it would go over £20 on auction, same goes for Ace Trucking, well, maybe £30 for that.

Jade Falcon

japandroid, to make things doubly clear, the 2000AD Extreme Edition with Harlem Heroes just has that strip (it doesn't even have the couple of extra ones that were in the annuals).

As I understand it, the Harlem Heroes book with this cover.

Has Harlem Heroes, Inferno and I don't know what else.  Maybe the annual strips are also included.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Steve Green

It's missing one annual strip that I remember, where the crowd get sprayed with a foul-smelling paint for rioting.

There's a summer special strip, and the alternative Trigo art for episode one that Dave Gibbons redrew most of + the odd cover and a couple of Kev O Neill schematics.