Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Oh my gosh! This is an awesome find, and now my blood is RED HOT WITH RAGE AT THE CHEATING!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

skurvy

Funnily enough the Star Wars story he's from is a blatant rip off of the Magnificent 7 (and, yeah I know, that was based on a Seven Samurai too etc).

sheridan

Quote from: skurvy on 11 September, 2017, 10:58:29 PM

Thought I recognised that Space Pirate... Serji X Arrogantus from Marvel Star Wars 8 (although I would have seen it in Star Wars Weekly originally).

I saw that pirate in Return of the Jedi - they certainly had a busy reprint schedule!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 11 September, 2017, 06:01:36 PM
Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 11 September, 2017, 05:44:46 PM
Pity poor Pole-Axe, who came up with an awesome pun based name (he's a POLAR BEAR with an AXE! He's POLE-AXE!) thus becoming 2000 AD's second most famous homicidal polar bear, whilst simultaneously becoming the second axe-wielding bear character after Ursa from Blackhawk.

Bet he fired his agent after that.

I like to imagine that Pole-Axe IS Shako, like how in the Disney Robin Hood movie Little John is played by Baloo from the Jungle book. Like he'd been hanging around 2000AD central casting for a few years and Tharg took pity on him! That's why he gets his own cover, unlike the rest of the Meltdown Man cast ;)

Do you think he spent any time in Mega-City One?  Getting involved in criminal underworld capers with Max Normal et al?

Buttonman

It was the only time that Earthlet Pugh profited from cheating - unless he changed names and location for another stab at £10.

JONATHAN PUGH   PORTHCAWL   203      
MIKE    PUGH   LIVERPOOL   1050      
JOHN PUGH   WALLASEY   149   YES   SPACE PIRATE
STEPHEN PUGH   BIRMINGHAM   246      THE EBONY WARRIOR

SpaceSpinner2000

Quack quack, listeners! Bill Savage, Peter Silk, and their band of rag-tag resistance fighters arrive to fight off the evil Volgans in the year 1999 in this, the very first thrill of 2000AD and the fifth in our series of Space Spinner Collections! These collections have all of our coverage for a specific character or storyline, all in one place. They're a great accompaniment to reading collected versions of 2000AD, or to just hear your favorite thrill all in one place.

This week it's time for vengeance with Invasion! Starting on January 1st 1999, it's the tale of the the commie-nazis invading england, and the one man that has the strength, will, and shotgun to fight back against them! Invasion is one of our very favorite thirlls and is a fantastic mix of amazing action and gallows humor. It's Red Dawn meets Deathwish, and it's 100% fantastic.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Also check me out also talking about Invasion over at our 2000AD podcast cohort The Mega City Book Club!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling sixty-second episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 202-205 of 2000 AD, covering March of 1981. Join us as Judge Dredd deals with out of control superbikes and Pug Uglys, A robot rebellion beings in Return to Armageddon, we start arms running with Meltdown Man, a young Johnny Alpha joins the resistance, and Future Shocks return! I hope you brought your airhorns. Also this episode we reach an awesome milestone, we've now read 10 percent of 2000AD!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Eamonn Clarke

An excellent time to jump onboard the Space Spinner as Conrad and Fox enter the glorious 200s.

Vanilllahubby

Couldn't agree more! Jumping ahead to the next
episode I find it quite fascinating how many Easter eggs
are on the first colour spread of unamerican graffiti.
PS Conrad and Fox, how many Massimo cameos have
you spotted in meltdown man?

8-Ball

Currently reading the Invasion! podcast along with the TPB. Bill and the lads dressing up as statues in order to spring a surprise attack on the Volgs is one of the most ludicrously ingenious (and insane) schemes I have ever seen. Just how long were they standing like that? Why did none of the Volgs notice that a bunch of new statues had suddenly appeared out of nowhere? Amazing.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Vanilllahubby on 19 September, 2017, 08:00:02 AM
PS Conrad and Fox, how many Massimo cameos have
you spotted in meltdown man?

At least one that we've mentioned on the podcast! Everyone in the distant future has delicate feathered hair, so a bald bearded guy does stand out!

Quote from: 8-Ball on 19 September, 2017, 12:05:31 PM
Currently reading the Invasion! podcast along with the TPB. Bill and the lads dressing up as statues in order to spring a surprise attack on the Volgs is one of the most ludicrously ingenious (and insane) schemes I have ever seen. Just how long were they standing like that? Why did none of the Volgs notice that a bunch of new statues had suddenly appeared out of nowhere? Amazing.

New statues that are all carrying guns! If I have one regret about my MCBC appearance it's not calling out how Mike Dorey always has at least one panel where savage makes a crazy, "I'm gonna kill every Volg in this room" face.

Steve Green

It's a cheap cosplay at least.

8-Ball

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 19 September, 2017, 05:23:59 PM

New statues that are all carrying guns! If I have one regret about my MCBC appearance it's not calling out how Mike Dorey always has at least one panel where savage makes a crazy, "I'm gonna kill every Volg in this room" face.

I can just see Bill Savage coming up with this plan, "Right. I've got a great idea. We all strip down to our underpants, cover ourselves in mud, then sneak into Sandringham and then stand very still on a conveniently empty plinth until the Volgs walk past... then we blast 'em." I mean, how could it not succeed?
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

SpaceSpinner2000

I mean, the usual Bill Savage plan is "then I'll shoot down the attack helicopters with my shotgun!" So this one is actually pretty elaborate tbh!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling sixty-third episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 206-209 of 2000 AD, covering April of 1981. Join us as Judge Dredd choppers up Mega-City One's massive graffiti problem, young Johnny Alpha foments rebellion, our heroes finally Return to Armageddon, we meet lionmen and camelmen along with Meltdown Man, Future Shocks continue with the return of Abelard Snazz, and CROYDON IS MISSING!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher