Proudhuff

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 05 May, 2014, 05:41:29 PM
Dough is for bread.

Batter is for cakes.

I can see you never cooked.

Dough = £  ;)
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

Doc, no knead to whip up a controversy with such tart comments! Z  ;)
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Fungus

The drokking monthly Art Comp. Turns out I have no imagination.

Banners

Every time I need to print something in a rush, my printer decides to recalibrate for three minutes. GAH!

mogzilla

idiots who cant drive,namely the one in the van who pulled out on us yesterday ,how the wife managed to stop in time I don't know it was very close...but the thing is after he did,he stopped and stared at us! my wife tried to drive round him and he did it again!!! I'm not an agrressive person by any means but I gave him a lot of verbal abuse and she had to stop me getting out of the car but the numpty just stared blankly at us again,no apology nothing...pillock. >:(
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

radiator

Possibly opening a dangerous can of worms here (petty things our partners do that annoy us), but don't care, just need to get this off my chest!

When we're doing a food shop, my girlfriend will almost always, in a fit of good intentions, insist on spending a small fortune on fresh fruit....

Which will then sit uneaten in the fridge for weeks as she reverts to scoffing crisps and chocolate, until the fruit all goes rancid and I have to dig through it and throw it all away.

mogzilla

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 08 June, 2014, 06:31:33 PM
Which will then sit uneaten in the fridge for weeks as she reverts to scoffing crisps and chocolate, until the fruit all goes rancid and I have to dig through it and throw it all away.

Send it to us!  My bloody kids eat fruit incessantly, I can't afford to keep up.  My daughter alone eats an average of 3 apples, 2 bananas and an orange per day, plus sundry grapes and straw-/rasp-/black-/blueberries if available.  Forget healthy, this stuff costs a fortune.  I want my Mek-files dammit!

Frank

When we're doing a food shop, my girlfriend will almost always, in a fit of good intentions, insist on spending a small fortune on fresh fruit .... Which will then sit uneaten in the fridge for weeks as she reverts to scoffing crisps and chocolate, until the fruit all goes rancid and I have to dig through it and throw it all away

That's why fruit lives in the fruit bowl, so it's the first thing you see when you go into the kitchen looking for scran. Watching some of it grow fur before your eyes gives you added impetus to eat the rest right away, and if you get into the habit of having fruit with breakfast it shifts really quickly (makes your cereal or porridge taste much better too). If I'm making a curry, I sometimes chuck in a banana that's starting to go black, and stir-fries can suffer the addition of a bit of cubed melon that's seen better days.

Ancient Otter

Possibly opening a dangerous can of worms here (petty things our partners do that annoy us), but don't care, just need to get this off my chest!

When we're doing a food shop, my girlfriend will almost always, in a fit of good intentions, insist on spending a small fortune on fresh fruit....

Invest in a smoothie maker perhaps?

ZenArcade

As posted before, put it in a bowl in a prominent place. Smoothie maker is also a good idea. Terrible to waste good food when half the world hasnt the clothes that'd cover them (not a personal criticism btw). I looked up Trouts Canadian dish. Chips, gravy and cheese curds.....I'd say you'd either love or hate that one. Z

Hawkmumbler

A few weeks back it was my brothers 7th birthday. His favourite fruit is pineapple, so we got a plate and served some slices. Besides the occasional one or two, he ate the whole bloody thing. Better than eating a whole cake, at least.

radiator

Poutine is great, I've had it a few times. I gather its one of those dishes that varies a bit depending on what part of Canada you have it. The curd adds a slightly sharp/yogurty flavour but isnt unpleasant or overbearing.

I also got to try Natto (a Japanese delicacy of fermented beans) recently which I've wanted to try for ages. Gotta say I thought it was absolutely vile. Nauseating. Now that is definitely a love it or hate it thing!

ZenArcade

Anyone tried kimchi (I think that's how it's spelled); a Korean spiced cabbage?

Trout

Quote from: radiator on 08 June, 2014, 08:38:58 PM
Poutine is great, I've had it a few times. I gather its one of those dishes that varies a bit depending on what part of Canada you have it.

Yes, and from restaurant to restaurant. There are poutine-only places where they serve lots of varieties. Even McDonalds has it on the menu.