Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

What grinds my gears: typing a post and correcting mistakes only to read it the next day to find a bunch of stuff I missed.

Sorry!

The Doctor Alt 8

Mardroid

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 14 June, 2014, 05:27:42 PM
Well no one is prefect! ( groan)

Sorry, no criticism of anyone but myself intended Doctor! I came to this thread today and reread my most recent post and found a bunch of typos I'd missed. And of course I couldn't edit it

8-Ball

A few hours ago I came back from my nephew's sixth birthday party. >:( AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! That was the most stressed that I have been in a long time. Five screaming kids totally hopped-up on Haribo and Irn Bru, administering a punishment beating to the PiƱata and headbutting each other before running crying to their mothers. I'm just glad that I don't have any kids of my own. ;)
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Frank

Hawkmumbler

Does it annoy anyone else that the Grandville Bete Noor spine font not only contrasts with the rest of the series, but doesn't even match ITSELF?! >:(

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Sauchie on 21 June, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 21 June, 2014, 07:54:50 PM
I'm just glad that I don't have any kids of my own

You've got to believe that

1:25 - if it isn't that Tory fucko that wanted to punch that woman in the throat.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 June, 2014, 05:20:27 PM
Does it annoy anyone else that the Grandville Bete Noor spine font not only contrasts with the rest of the series, but doesn't even match ITSELF?! >:(

From Xmas day, 2012:

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 25 December, 2012, 09:44:35 PM

It's as if they've named the two volumes with this thread in mind. "Mon Amour"- I love its font, it matches. "Bete Noir"? IT DOESN'T EVEN MATCH ITSELF!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

SBT

SBT (still perturbed everytime I look at the shelf)

JamesC

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 June, 2014, 10:21:18 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 June, 2014, 05:20:27 PM

From Xmas day, 2012:

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 25 December, 2012, 09:44:35 PM

It's as if they've named the two volumes with this thread in mind. "Mon Amour"- I love its font, it matches. "Bete Noir"? IT DOESN'T EVEN MATCH ITSELF!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

SBT

SBT (still perturbed everytime I look at the shelf)

I have the Kitchen Sink versions of Grandville and Bete Noir but the Dark Horse version of Mon Amour which is a completely different size (about 10% smaller).
How do you like them apples?

Hawkmumbler

UUUUUURRRRGGGHHHH! James you just made my sking crawl!

JamesC

Hawkmumbler

Herm....what ever is a "Sking"? Answers on the back of a postcard kids.

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 22 June, 2014, 11:44:28 PM
if it isn't that Tory fucko that wanted to punch that woman in the throat

Michael Fabricant, who can have a wash and shampoo without even being in the same room as his hair.

ZenArcade

Oh the very one....super fab. Although his adversary is a pain in the rear, we don't need 'heros' like Mike here, manfully threatening to batter her.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Doctor Alt 8

I think Adrian on top of all his other problems may have developed Crohn's disease

Fu** me can this guy not catch a brake?  >:(

He finally "confessed" to me that 6 months ago he has started feeling sick half an hour after eating, occasionally vomiting and has lost about 2 and a half stone in weight.

This while I have been asking him if he wants to come round for dinner, snacks etc.

Last Thursday he had exploratory surgery  ... can't remember the name of the procedure but it's when they feed an endoscopic camera into your stomach.

It failed to find anything.

He claims he didn't tell me earlier because he knows I worry.

Like finding out that someone DOSN'T tell me things isn't going to make me worry MORE because I now worry about what he ISN'T telling me.
Other things it might be...
A delayed reaction to stress over his flat etc.
side effects of his medication...

I'm at a total bloody loss as to what to do.