The Doctor Alt 8

Well it might not fit.....

And... do you want to be a red head?

Grugz

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 09 August, 2014, 04:55:22 PM
Well it might not fit.....

And... do you want to be a red head?

my mother was, I could do a whole norman bates thing
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Trout

Quote from: Grug on 09 August, 2014, 10:14:00 AM
barbers. my hair was finally getting a decent length (sort of like petey's in my avatar) as ive been trying to grow it out for a while ,the back was getting a bit wooly so I went to get a trim the words" not too much off the length just a trim to tidy it up a bit" obviously meant go at me with a number four and ignore everything I just said

Yes, I know. This has happened to me so many times. Sometimes I think of the old ad with the "Lionel Blair cut". So many barbers smile, nod and just do whatever the hell they like.

Grugz

at least it wasn't the time the polish girl was told "do not touch the front" for her to grab the front and just cut it all off!!! I had a centimetre left ,so I left without paying after getting ignored by the gold toothed pimp boss who followed me out the shop to threaten me.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

JamesC

When I was at school a friend of mine worked in a Barbers sweeping up hair and making tea etc.
He reckons that one customer, when asked 'do you want anything on it sir?' at the end of his hair cut replied 'Yeah, a pair of knickers coz you cut hair like a c*nt!'

This was the same barbers that features in the video for 'House of Fun' by Madness, fact fans.

von Boom

Standing in a queue while the person who is supposed to be serving you finishes what is obviously a personal conversation.

Makes you want to go off on them the way Steve Martin did the lady at the car rental counter in Trains, Planes, and Automobiles.

Trout

Quote from: von Boom on 14 August, 2014, 08:07:39 PM
Standing in a queue while the person who is supposed to be serving you finishes what is obviously a personal conversation.

Makes you want to go off on them the way Steve Martin did the lady at the car rental counter in Trains, Planes, and Automobiles.

Seven people behind the counter in a coffee place this morning prioritised their conversation (apparently about a colleague smelling especially nice that day) over the needs of the growing line of customers. Weirdly, people were receiving their orders in a way that owed nothing to the sequence in which they were made. It was annoying as hell.

I accept that there's nothing wrong with having a chat, and that they're people and not robots, but their disregard for the feelings of others was difficult to cope with. Whole queue was pissed off.

The Doctor Alt 8

when you follow someone's instruction's to the letter...

what you try to do doesn't work...
then the instructor refuses to believe that it didn't work or assumes you have done something wrong...

Banners

It really grinds my gears that it's more than twice as expensive at £44.99 to get a license key for my anti-virus direct from Norton via email, compared to what it is to get the physical software from Amazon, delivered in a van at £22.11.

How does that make sense - or how is it allowed?

Skullmo

'well none of us had problems on the train getting in'

You use a different f*cking line!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Grugz

trains are grinding my gears...last week I took a regular trip to Blackburn and wanted to get off early at bamber bridge and enjoy a long walk instead the train terminated at preston and I had to get a bus to Leyland...now being off I was going to go to Manchester but again buses here there and everywhere or changing at wigan whereas you used to be able to get on for a 45 min trio no changes and voila manc!
  I have found out all these disruptions are for the railway bods to raise all the bridges to allow for electric tracks ( I think, train enthusiasts feel free to be pedantic) the guy I spoke to reckons only virgin's very sparse service is to blame and why they couldn't just dig down to accommodate the lines instead...and the fares gone up over two quid!!!

Skullmo

Quote from: Grugz on 19 August, 2014, 06:42:24 PM
and the fares gone up over two quid!!!

My 20 minute london train costs me £7.50 each way
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hawkmumbler

When people don't grease the o-rings on their cylinders. Oddly specific to divers but these rubber circles act as a seal for the air flow into and out of the valve when open, narrowing the passage and making it easier to enter the whip/hose. Well greased, they are damp prevent any friction. Left dry, they pop out and cause half the accumulative air bank to be forced out due to the shift in pressure, as happened today. It's loud, frightening, dangerous and it takes hours refil the banks from the compresser. Keep your rings well loobed, gentlemen.

Hawkmumbler

Dawkins is a prize nob head isn't he?!

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 August, 2014, 09:13:01 AM
Dawkins is a prize nob head isn't he?!

Indeed he is, for all that I love his actual work.

However, equally toweringly insensitive are the righteous twiteratti who piled on with their genocidal musings without a single thought for the feelings of those people who have made exactly the choice that Dawkins outlines, and for many of the same reasons.